PDA

View Full Version : Dying for a drink

I'mdave27
04-04-14, 20:53
I gave up alcohol at the beginning of 2014 and so far , up til now , i'm doing really well. I gave up because I find it helps my anxiety levels but I gave up due to the fact I don't like having alcohol cravings they where so bad I felt physically sick , literally. At this moment in time I'm dying for a drink it's like there's a unquenchable thirst that is constantly wanting to be satisfied it drives me nuts , I hate it. I could have a drink because I wasn't exactly an alcoholic before I gave up but I know the consequences I'll have to deal with I just feel so alone from everyone going out drinking , i'm alienated. Life and it's stupid struggles...

xrachykinsx
06-04-14, 21:43
I kind of know how you feel. I'm on medication for my anxiety and haven't been for very long and still got a tiny way to go before I'm completley well. I think my hardest battle has been accepting that I need to take medication to help me over this bump in my life. I am on a sedative antidepressant (Although now i'm used to it...not so sedating) and alcohol should be avoided more with this one than any other. I sometimes get a bit sad because I feel like it's limiting my free choice of what to do with myself. I went to a concert on Friday...and admit I had a couple of bacardi's.....but limited myself to 2..and was fine but won't make a habit because I felt a bit anxious the next day... xx

I'mdave27
06-04-14, 23:56
I just don't understand why as adults we've been conditioned to believe it's what adults drink , so it must be normal. I don't believe that just because we're adults we have to drink it's really not true just something we've been told but we fall for it , silly people. Anyway I'd rather get better anxious wise , it is less now , because long term alcohol effects you...it's a depressant !