PDA

View Full Version : citalopram - changed brands... help!

Bueller3
04-04-14, 22:08
Hi All,

So, I've been on 20mg of Citalopram (branded 'Almus') for around 3 years then went to get my repeat prescription last week and they've given me a different brand - now I've got the same drug/dose but branded 'Accord'. I thought I'd just take them and not worry about it as I worry about everything... just for once maybe I could be like a 'normal person' and not have to analyse everything...! I'm a week in on the new brand and feel really lightheaded (this is what I take the drug for ie, am permanently lightheaded due to anxiety) and this has made it worse. Not sure what to do... do I keep going with the new Accord brand or try and go back and fnd someone who supplied the Alums brand. I've made a few calls to the pharmacies to see if anyone has it in stock but it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth and no-one has.:shrug: Anyone got any thoughts on this? thanks in advance.

Marty_67
04-04-14, 22:47
This has come up before, you might want to check previous posts.

Had different brands and I have never really noticed any difference but some people are more sensitive to this.

Bueller3
05-04-14, 08:30
thanks Marty - will have a look.X