PDA

View Full Version : Health and dental anxiety...need a friend

cwright
05-04-14, 00:09
I have just realized that because of some recent dental issues, and some really bad ongoing problems...this is a huge part of my new and recent panic and anxiety drama. These problems feel like they're never going to end. I am trying to get a wisdom tooth extraction this week...because thinking and worrying about it is just compounding my anxiety too much. Is there anyone else in this situation?? I could use a buddy, someone who knows what this feels like. It's completely overwhelming. Thanks,
Cindy

ninnie
05-04-14, 00:12
Hi cindy
what are you scared of/worried about?

cwright
05-04-14, 00:22
I had dry socket last time I had wisdom teeth removed. The pain is what I'm scared of. Plus I have issues with another tooth that might have to be pulled, and recieve an implant. It's my over anxious mind I guess.

ninnie
05-04-14, 00:34
Does ur dentist know how anxious you are? Maybe they can offer you something like iv sedation. Its not cheap, but apparently works a treat. Bit like having a couple of large gin and tonics.:)
I often end up with the nurse holding my hand if im really nervous. The injection always makes me shakey because it contains adrenalin.
I know its not much help, but im sure youll be fine.:hugs:

HealerOFPanic
15-04-14, 18:36
I'm sorry you're having these problems, but I believe they can be curtailed.

I was a dental hygienist for many years, before discovering my calling as a healer, which I do online now.

Most of my patients were apprehensive to anyone working in their mouth, especially from past traumatic experiences.

The thinking mind can really do a doozy and take over thoughts, if you let it. Try to stay in the 'present' - in the present you're feeling everything is peaceful. If you go in the 'future'- "oh no, it's going to hurt" , or the past, "oh no, it hurt like heck!"- you're only allowing those thoughts to work up a tizzy. :)

cwright
15-04-14, 18:39
what methods do you use for healing...and you say you do it online? interesting.
my dental experience has been awful though. had the tooth out, developed dry socket...and just yesterday had socket rescraped and stitched to encourage a new clot. basically it's been horrifically painful. so frustrating.

Cindy