PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!! 999

TelBoy
05-04-14, 01:40
Hi All

No doubt a lot of you like myself have had panic attacks that just seems to come out of the blue....DREAD!!! but a lot of the time I have had like this pressure on my chest that seems to go up to my neck!! I have had it fairly often and of course each time I just think it is like an Angina symptom, but I have had 15 heart tests, Radio active dye put in me to light up the heart when being scanned, ECGs, the treadmill, you name it and thankfully it all comes back clear!! so what the HELL can it be?:scared15:
I have gone to the A&E several times and even been taken by ambulance from home with it when I have had a panic attack.

Surely it can't just be anxiety?? I hope that is all it is, but of course every time it happens it is very intense and I just think it has to be heart related.
Years ago when I was younger, if I saw anything bad happening on the street car crash or something like that or even another stressful situation, I could handle it, but now I get this terrible warm feeling of tightness some times it lasts a say 30-60 seconds other times it will last 5 minutes and I have to really breathe in slowly and deeply for it to past:scared15:

I would be pleased to hear if any of you people get the same....:ohmy:

shotokansho
05-04-14, 11:56
Hiya. I suffered with attacks regulary for years, I went on medication and they stopped. I had a sudden panic attack the other day, because I had not had one for the best part of a year it scared me and I called an ambulance. All the tests came back normal and of course I felt like a time waster and a fraud.
It's really difficult to rationalise when your feeling like that, it's like you know it's not a heart attack but can't help telling yourself that it is.

JoeNoir
05-04-14, 13:12
I used to think panic attacks were all in the mind. UNTIL I had one. Well that shut me up. It's totally a real physical hurting experience. Not a nice thing to have to go through.

Tanner40
05-04-14, 14:31
TelBoy, fifteen heart related tests and numerous physicians have told you that this is not heart related. When you have anxiety and panic attacks, believing and trusting in your doctors and medical tests is difficult but is something that we have to learn to do. While I'm not a physician, I would bet money that your attacks are anxiety related.

The real question here is what are you doing for your anxiety? What coping mechanisms are you practicing? CBT, journaling, mindfulness, meditation, laughter, therapy? Just something to think about.

Lisa.w1979
05-04-14, 18:31
laughter therapy?? whats that? and where do i sign up??

Tanner40
05-04-14, 19:32
Not laughter therapy, Lisa. Finding something to make you laugh every day. Very helpful to me, I've found. And then therapy. One on one or group.

TelBoy
05-04-14, 20:04
Hi all... SO:)) nobody else has had * Exactly* the same as me? with that pressure feeling going from chest up to yer neck?....Sure we all hope and pray that what we have ARE only panic attacks or anxiety, but mine just feel like they aren't really a panic attack ( naturally I know what those dreadful panic attacks are like ) but it is this pressure weighted sort of feeling going up to the neck.... so it still worries me ( if yer know what I mean:)) :scared15: