PDA

View Full Version : Having an attack :-(

Freaked
05-04-14, 18:28
Started feeling tight/heavy in the chest, has progressed to short of breath, very dizzy, heartburn, weak and cood sweat. Lump in throat feeling starting. Atm my fear is coronary artery spasms due to some things that have happened me in the past. I tell myself there would be more pain, but then when I do start getting some pain I totally freak out :unsure: Help!

MRS STRESS ED
05-04-14, 18:42
Freaked hun you will be okay you no it will pass and I no its not nice but dont fight it go with it ,you can do it slow your breathing down and tell yourself your okay xx

Freaked
05-04-14, 19:27
Thanks :-( Still going on. That's one of the worst things about my attacks - I'm sturggling to breathe for hours as opposed to ten minutes. Don't think I've ever had an attack that just lasted ten minutes; half an hour is my minumum. And I know my local a and e is about to close at eight and after that it's a 15/20 minute drive to the nearest. Which I know still isn't long, but it's too long if your heart stops beating properly and you need to be defibrillated :-/ These are the thoughts I have.

MRS STRESS ED
05-04-14, 19:48
Thanks :-( Still going on. That's one of the worst things about my attacks - I'm sturggling to breathe for hours as opposed to ten minutes. Don't think I've ever had an attack that just lasted ten minutes; half an hour is my minumum. And I know my local a and e is about to close at eight and after that it's a 15/20 minute drive to the nearest. Which I know still isn't long, but it's too long if your heart stops beating properly and you need to be defibrillated :-/ These are the thoughts I have.

Love this wont help you your panicking because your over think just relax calm down ,eventually it will pass your going to be okay xx :bighug1:

TelBoy
05-04-14, 20:12
Hi Freaked:))) oh GOD I know what you mean, I have had EXACTLY the same it is a nightmare! I have even woke up the middle of the night like how you describe as well...!! even more stressful:scared15:
If you are worried that you live too far away to be treated quick. then move house/flat...One of my cousins kept on having panic attacks, and now she works on the reception of A&E.. she said that if anything happens to her that she is in the right place:scared11:
Although I think of any of us lot were to work in the same place then A&E would never be the same again:)) just imagine it 30 or 40 of us working in A&E and all having panic attacks:eek:

Freaked
05-04-14, 20:31
Thanks so much guys. Unfortunately it's just getting worse :-( Now my chest has gone totally numb and tight and tingly over my heart and i have slight pain in my chin. Want to go sit outside a hospital five minutes away until it goes away but my parents won't bring me and I can't drive (wouldn't in this state anyway). I have no life anymore, just this almost persistent shortness of breath that eventually devolves into an attack. Gonna have some toast and milk and see if it helps.

Also, lol Telboy.

littlepecos
05-04-14, 21:48
Freaked I also have never had an attack that lasted on ten mins. tight chest, dread and vomiting in my first one lasted hours, waves and waves of it. I'd say do what you need to do and remember we're all here to keep talking to you if you decide to stay at home x

Freaked
05-04-14, 22:33
Still at home, but still short of breath :-/ God it's difficult feeling like this all the time.

Florance
05-04-14, 23:00
Hi freaked, I know its not easy but its the panic thats the cause of your physical symptoms, there is nothing you have said that would make me think that you needed emergency treatment at this time, stick with it. It will pass :)

Freaked
05-04-14, 23:57
I hope so :-( Still sweating and short of breath and feel like my heart is beating weird sometimes and nearly making me pass out. Argh

rachybabe
06-04-14, 00:13
Hi freaked totally know what you are experiencing, I find after an attack I need sleep, it wears me out. Just remember you cant die from this, its a vicious circle, you have an attack you get all these symptoms, sweating, palpitations, dizzyness. Because you have these feelings, you start having the attacks again, thinking theres something wrong. Everytime I have an attack, I tell myself off, saying dont be stupid theres nothing to hurt you. I do calm down abit, then sleep.

cloudbusting
06-04-14, 08:13
Hi Freaked

How are things this morning ? :hugs:

Lisa x