PDA

View Full Version : How am I supposed to carry on like this?

Chloe34517
05-04-14, 22:11
I don't know what to do anymore. I feel so bad and nobody can understand or relate, so I'm completely alone. I know I'm dying and nobody will listen, because to them it's just 'anxiety' and 'all in my head' but it's not. I can't sleep without feeling like I know I won't ever wake up again and I find it do hard to let go and take the risk, because I don't want to die. Lately, I keep getting these sudden waves of extreme tiredness that will suddenly wash over me whilst I'm doing something and literally make it so hard not to fall asleep. When it happens It's like I have to fight to keep my eyes open and that I'm not in control of my own body. My eyes get so sore and always start closing and I have to fight so hard to keep them open. It makes me feel so out of control, because how do I know that, that feeling isn't in fact more than tiredness and is actually me fading away and dying? It makes me feel so drowsy, weak and not with it. I know anxiety/stress can cause tiredness but I swear this is so sudden and is way more than that. I am getting enough sleep too - I had 9 hours last night! I just feel genuinely dead and I know I'm slipping away. My eyes are so, so sore and my eyelids keep fighting to close and my arms are aching so much. I've pulled a muscle in my leg but what if it's actually a blood clot? My pulse is high too and I have another ECG on Wednesday but I feel like I know I'll die before then. What am I supposed to do? I know I'm dying and I don't know what to do.

Havefaithx
05-04-14, 22:43
Hi Chloe,

I no what u are going through Hun I've been there, and sometimes I still have off days. I no u don't want to hear this but anxiety/depression/panic/worrying do all cause extreme tiredness. Around a 2 months I was constantly tired to the point I was sleeping all night at 3 hours in the day, I honestly thought that I had a serious illness but I didn't I was anxious and depressed and as soon as I started to feel better mentally my tiredness subsided.

The aches and pains we all have them especially people with anxiety/stress as are constantly tensing and never fully relaxed.

I have always been terrified of blood clots in my legs however there are some classic signs to look out for, swelling of the leg, redness and hot to to touch. If u don't have any of these symptoms leave it a couple of days and if it doesn't get better of ur worried go and c ur gp.

The racing heart is classic anxiety, even if u think u arent that anxious at times our subconscious is a powerful thing, I still get this now however I've learnt to cope with it better.

Have u ever considered having CBT if u haven't already had it?

X

Florance
05-04-14, 22:44
Hi Chloe, it sounds to me like anxiety is taking you over, I have also had these feelings. that I am going to die and no one is listening. I have even called ambulances in the past I was so convinced. I also used to drive to work from village to village wondering where the best place was I could get help quickly. It was anxiety that was completely in control of me. You will feel tired even with 9 hours sleep as your body is on constant alert. Your muscles will be tense and tired and acheing. I doubt it is a blood clot in your leg, your body is just tired from all the adrenaline it has going through it with the anxiety. Have you told your dr you feel like your dying?

mummyanxious
06-04-14, 07:25
I've had all those symptoms before in the past and lived to tell the tale. No idea what changed but it just did.
Are these waves happening at certain times? Like maybe you're hungry etc? A drop in blood sugar can make you feel very tired.

Chloe34517
07-04-14, 23:09
Havefaithx I'm on a waiting list for cbt but I don't know how long it will take

---------- Post added at 23:09 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

Florance - My doctor knows and tells me that it's anxiety. My consultant psychologist prescribed me an anti psychotic to take to reduce the anxiety but I read that it can cause blood clots which I'm already worried about, and also there has been sudden deaths in the past of people taking it, so I'm too afraid :(

mummyanxious
07-04-14, 23:43
How about my question?

Chloe34517
08-04-14, 00:57
Mummyanxious - Sorry, I meant to reply to you too...I'm still getting used to this site! I don't think the tiredness is really at certain times or food related, it's mostly just randomly which makes it even scarier :( x

fruity
08-04-14, 13:57
i,ve been there and still am. you want to post and talk about it. you can just send me a private msg