PDA

View Full Version : really needsome reasurance

tricia56
06-04-14, 13:02
hi iv got my self in a right panic as since Thursday i keep getting a loud humming noise I my left ear and even the slightist noise or even if I tap my face it sets it off ive never had this before and its really worring me I know I have gad and health anxiety and im trying not to fone nhs up or run to the local walk incentre like I normaly do. and im trying to do the wait and see approach and go and see if I can get in to see my gp tomoz but i cant stop worring about it im googling asim thinking wat if its a tumor or some thing seriouse and i don't know what to do for the best to try and calm me down as i always seem to get myself all worked up when I get a new symptom I haven't had before so any advice would really help me thk u

cloudbusting
06-04-14, 16:10
Hi Tricia
I have had this and it drives me crazy !
It could be a couple of things - fluid in the ear or temporary damage if you have exposed yourself to loud volumes. I sing in a band and my right ear in particular can really suffer if we've had a noisy gig. Have you had a cold recently ? Catarrh can hang around for ages and make your ears hum and buzz.
I think it's ok to go and see your doc about it, Tricia, at least then they can let you know the best way to treat it or tell you to leave it be and it will drain by itself. I did steam inhalation and that cleared mine.
Lisa x

Yossino
06-04-14, 17:02
Could very be Tinnitus. Which can actually be caused by anxiety. Lot's of people have it. Nothing to be worried about, but like anything doesn't hurt to get checked out.

xrachykinsx
06-04-14, 21:09
In the height of my anxiety...I discovered I had tinnitus. Tinnitus was a symptom of my anxiety. Very disturbing because you then notice it more and more when your anxious. It's safe to say I do not get this now I'm on medication and my anxiety is starting to reside xx