PDA

View Full Version : RESULTS

james_grimble
07-04-14, 08:55
Hi,

Since my first episode ( heart going beserk, pins and needles, nearly fainting ) 9 months ago I have been convinced there was something wrong with my heart. Ive had daily chest pains, palpitations and become aware of each beat. I feel strange most days, dizzy and very very tired.

Anyway, I have no had every heart test under the sun.

24 hr monitor, ECG’s, Echo and finally a CT Heart scan and artery scan.

The 24hr – fine,
ECG’s – all fine
Echo – All fine ( heart structural normal, all valves working correctly )
CT Scan – FINE !!!!! ( ARTERIES SHOWED ZERO BUILD UP ).

The cardiologist has said with no history of heart problems in my family and all the tests checking out ok then the chances of me having a heart attack any time soon are extremely low and up there with the chances of me winning the lottery.

This is a great relief to me, but I still find it strange how I can have all these chest pains and palps, ectopics etc.

The doctor told me that your mind is like layers, when a person feels a chest pain for a second there mind barely even registers the event. However people like us who are aware of every sensation this twinge or pain then sets of a chain reaction in the body, this might just be mild anxiety, or can trigger a full blow panic attack.

Now I know my heart is actually fine, hopefully I can put all this behind me and try to return to how I used to be !

Thanks

cloudbusting
07-04-14, 09:10
Hi James

Great news and great results ! I hope you can give your mind a rest now and concentrate on getting back to your old self again.

Lisa x

ChilliChocolate
07-04-14, 10:21
:) Great news James!