PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram set back

jillyb
07-04-14, 10:46
I have been on 20mg of cit for 5 or 6 weeks, prior to that 10mg for two. I felt I was doing ok until I went down with an awful virus which I can't seem to shake off. This has triggered my health anxiety big time and my anxiety has gone through the roof. Yesterday I had to take a diazepam 2mg and this morning the same. My tummy problems are also back and that's causing me anxiety too. I am really wondering if the cit are working at all. The moment I feel unwell all my anxieties return, probably even worse. I don't know what to do and feel so despondent. Even the diazepam aren't helping and I can feel myself going down a very negative spiral. Shaking, really unwell, crying etc. so very fed up.

Tanner40
07-04-14, 12:07
Hi JillyB. It's pretty amazing that our bodies and minds can resided to anxiety when we have a virus or an illness. I think that this is pretty common. We tend to then think that our anxiety is worse or our medication isn't working, when in fact those thoughts create a cycle where our anxiety ramps up. Give yourself some time to get over the virus and continue to work on your anxiety. My bet is that you will feel just fine once you recover from the virus.

Marty_67
07-04-14, 23:11
Keep going Jilly, my worse weeks were 5-8...then things picked up a bit

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

The virus will not help you either :(