PDA

View Full Version : lupus/ dentist so scared

mandshere2000
07-04-14, 14:09
Hi
Anyone else up at this ridiculous time and cannot sleep:huh:
Also is there any lupus sufferers out there, I was diagnosed over 2 years
ago with this so would really find it helpful to talk to people with this condition
and especially how it affects them mentally
I have to have a root canal done today, never had one before so feeling
really scared , it's not helped me at all to hear stories from relatives/friends
who say that it's really painful to have a root canal.... what's your experience
if you have had this done, I really am getting so anxious the nearer it gets
because have always been scared of the dentists
Manda

---------- Post added at 14:09 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

Hi, I did actually post this early hours of this morning, but having problems with internet
so reposting now

swgrl09
07-04-14, 14:44
I've never had one, so can't help there. But I would suggest being honest with your dentist about how you are nervous and maybe they will go extra gentle with you.

Humly
07-04-14, 14:52
Hi. I've had one and it was absolutely fine. Just the same as having a filling but takes longer and you shouldnt feel any pain. Dont worry you will be fine.

MarkUk
07-04-14, 16:16
I never felt a thing & like above it just takes awhile

JoeNoir
07-04-14, 18:36
I've had many root canal treatments. Once you are numbed it's a bit uncomfortable but it is not painful.

blueangel
08-04-14, 09:06
I've had about three root canals done, and they honestly weren't any worse than an ordinary filling, they just take a bit longer.

blue moon
08-04-14, 13:15
Hi manda:D. I was diagnosed with lupus about 10 Years ago now, If you are worried about dentist ask him for some happy gas,it worked for me.Good luck

Petra x:D