PDA

View Full Version : my heart obsession and does this sound bizzare

JulieJay92
07-04-14, 21:29
will kept it as short as possible

i have all the class A symptoms over the years since 1990's - heart pounding, racinf and slow pulse, vary radical changes in BP, chest pain, dizziness, headaches, elbow, fingers hands and shoulder pains like a pinching mainly on left but occasionally right as well as neck back and toothache

when im just sitting watching tv it can come on all of a sudden, yet quiet often say i go for a 30 min stroll the symptoms seem less severe (syill there i think)

is this unusual or is it our minds working overtime

another silly example was a few days ago i felt awful so went to see hubby at work in the bar, was a complete wreck yet after 1.5 pints i forgot about why i had called in so to speak as couldnt feel the symptoms as much

TIA

---------- Post added at 21:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

so freaked out and diazapem 5mg isnt helping tonight but lying on bed with heat pack to see what happens

Yossino
08-04-14, 04:56
Well if you've had an EKG and even a 24/hr holter come back okay, yes I truly believe it can be (not completely but mostly) in your mind.

Keep in mind too you'll have bad periods of time where it's going to happen more often. It also can depend on what's going on in your life as well.

There's a bit of a runaway process that happens to with the accelerated heart beating. Your heart might start beating faster because of adrenaline (a thought a twinge, even subconscious can trigger it). Then the faster beating is noticed and releases more adrenaline and the process continues till your heart is beating as fast as it can (it feels that way).

For me it's gotten so bad that I kind of realized I'm not gonna die from it, yet it still can happen. Having a bad week as well myself :(

LF87
08-04-14, 09:37
Hi.
Have you spoken to your doctor about panic attacks/panic disorders? Panic attacks can come on really suddenly, even just when watching tv like you said. That's why they can be so terrifying. There's no transition into panic, it's just a BAM, and your body is doing all the scary stuff x

JulieJay92
08-04-14, 12:25
hi yes my ecg in 2010 was normal but havent had another since as moved to spain and pretty **** with the language

i feel much better today and i slept with heat pack and so far touch wood no chest pains today and dont seem anxious