PDA

View Full Version : feeling awful and frightened

tracieann
07-04-14, 18:50
Been on citalopram for 8 Years weaned down to 8mg last night took 5mg and docs put me on duloxetine 30mg been on for 6 days but doc took me off as retaining urine I am supposed to start taking sertraline from tomorrow nothing tonight I feel dreadful so nauseous stomach never been great have gastritis treated with daily lansoprazole felt so sick tonight full of panic and fear frightened to take sertraline if side effect is nausea why do I feel so anxious and won't dropping citalopram all together make anxiety worse please can someone help me

mummyanxious
07-04-14, 20:11
My friend had no trouble at all switching meds.
Why are you stopping the citalopram after so long? Has it stopped working for you?

tracieann
07-04-14, 20:29
Yes mummyanxious it has it hasn't worked properly for a long while but I've weaned myself down and tried duloxetine which I'm retaining urine with so I can't carry on with that doc says try from tomorrow with sertraline I'm scared cos had awful panic attack tonight and I have fear of being sick but I felt so sick I had to take another acid blocker

mummyanxious
07-04-14, 20:33
It's not like start up from scratch though so you may be ok. Just pop it and forget about it. I'm a fine one to talk as I didn't last two minutes on them but you're an old hand at AD so you aren't like me. Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine.

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

What dose you starting at? My dr gave me 50mg but told me to cut down to half if I got tummy upsets.

tracieann
07-04-14, 20:50
Dr gave me 50mg but said could start on 25mg I Hate feeling sick have emetophobia where just the thought of being sick sends me into a major panic attack

mummyanxious
07-04-14, 20:55
Bless you. Can't imagine what that must be like. Being sick is never pleasant. I wasn't sick on sertraline though. Just all the other anxiety stuff I couldn't handle. Best of luck!

tracieann
07-04-14, 21:13
Thanks for that I'm going to try been calmer a bit since earlier just want to feel ok