PDA

View Full Version : dentist

keaw
07-04-14, 22:27
I went to the dentist today, and although she said my teeth etc are fine, she felt my glands and made me open and close my mouth while she felt my jaw, at the time I didn't think much of it. but now thinking back I cant help but think...did she see something, why did she do this? I have never had a dentist check glands and jaw, is this normal?

Fishmanpa
07-04-14, 23:08
I went to the dentist today, and although she said my teeth etc are fine, she felt my glands and made me open and close my mouth while she felt my jaw, at the time I didn't think much of it. but now thinking back I cant help but think...did she see something, why did she do this? I have never had a dentist check glands and jaw, is this normal?

My dentist does that. Why? A good dentist worth their salt does that. It's part of an oral cancer screening and checking to make sure your jaw works properly (dislocation, TMJ etc). If there was anything concerning she would have said something and referred you. Be thankful you have a good dentist!

Positive thoughts

Anxious_gal
07-04-14, 23:11
She was just doing a regular check up and checking your jaw joint for maybe TMJ issues. Relax it's all good and just part of her job. If anything was wrong she would have to tell you.

blueangel
08-04-14, 10:29
Yep - my dentist does these checks every year. It's just part of good dentistry.

unsure_about_this
08-04-14, 10:59
The dentist I see makes me do the open and closing my mouth to see if there are any problems. She knows I worry about oral cancer as well so she does a good check.

Humly
08-04-14, 11:01
All the good dentists do this. Its just part of the checks they do every now and again. If she didnt say anything then nothing to be concerned about.

anxious_thoughts
08-04-14, 12:21
My dentist does that all the time. It's just apart of the procedure. :)