PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom tooth out

cwright
07-04-14, 23:57
Wow, that was the most stressful and anxious things that has ever happened to me. My hub and i were talking about how it's the anxiety making me feel like I can't manage anything. I really thought I'd either back out, or wet my pants. But I guess the Ativan eventually kicked in and helped a bit. Sigh, i feel like I need to heal from this , and try to move on. The teeth thing really has been holding me back.
Thanks for listening
Cindy

Anxious_gal
08-04-14, 00:36
Did you find it was your anxiety that was the worst part? I've had mine out too in hospital. It wasnt fun but honestly it wasnt that bad, the worst part was my anxiety and fear leading up to it.

It will takes a few weeks for the holes to close so don't eat rice :) it'll get trapped in the holes. Also white stuff it's normal it's just old skin cells healing and regenerating . Dentists never warm people about that and then they think they have an infection.

Hope the healing goes well. Swelling and brusing is normal too, ice packs on your face and drinking cold water will help.

cwright
08-04-14, 00:38
It was for SURE the anxiety that was the worst. Thanks for all the great advice!! I know I can't rinse till tomorrow. With salt. I wonder if you can add essential oils to the mix,,,or just stick with salt?

Round in circles
08-04-14, 04:06
I would stick with plain salt water.

cwright
08-04-14, 04:07
I will then, thank you

jharden
08-04-14, 04:47
I got all four of my wisdom teeth taken out at once last July. It's not much fun. Just remember not to fight the anxiety with it. No one is supposed to enjoy getting teeth removed, and it's totally natural to hate everything about dentists!

I'm pretty sure I was mowing the lawn three days after my operation. Most people recover from wisdom teeth extraction without too much grief. Did you do it under anaesthetic or were you awake? Did they give you any painkillers? Be careful about taking benzos if you're also on a high dose of opiate painkillers. Combining the two can make you super drowsy!

MyNameIsTerry
08-04-14, 04:59
I had one out as it eventually went bad as I had ignored it in favour of work and then the anxiety hit me!

I was at pretty much my worst point when I went for this and I did feel weird after for a few hours...anxiety seems to do this when it goes so high.

When I was in the chair I just focussed intently on the ceiling light. It really helped.

It wasn't quick either. Most of the tooth had fallen away as I crunched it on some bacon which is what prompted me to get it sorted finally. He couldn't get a proper grip on it so he was waddling it back and forth, changing side, etc.

It was like when you are doing DIY and you can't waddle a screw out!

On the bright side Cindy...you can't have anymore wisdom teeth out now!

cwright
08-04-14, 15:13
Terry, our experience sounds very similar!! I am so glad it's out, I am terrified of dry rot, so I have to just get through the next few days. Thanks for the response!!
Cindy