PDA

View Full Version : Coming off the pill

James3hr
08-04-14, 10:48
Hello,

I want some advice, to make a long story as short as possible, I will give as brief and detailed of a description as I can.

My depression and anxiety started when I was in my sophomore year of college I first started getting anxious and then followed the depression. I got advice from a friend to take anti-depressants, it took about a year until I started feeling "human" again. I was a mess severely depressed due to girlfriend issues big ones. and probably a lack of sleep combo didn't help.

This pill helped me get through college and complete my 4 year degree.

Now here is where I need some advice::

I did have side effects when I first started taking citalopram (started 10 then increased gradually up to 40mg) but they went away after about 2 weeks, cloudy feeling mostly.

I lived great I was fine with them for these last couple of years I can pretty much say I felt perfect.

On a weekend this last august, I forgot to refill my medication it was Friday, I didn't have time to refill them because I was heading to a concert. I know that If i miss a day i start feeling dizzy and my legs feel like jello.

I did have a choice but all my friends were taking off and because of my lack of being prepared I didnt have them refilled, so I decided to just go on to the concert without them anyways.

At the concert my friends were taking molly(drug) I told them I didnt want to take it and I didnt this was friday night (3dayevent). On saturday my friends finally peer pressured me to take it, I didnt feel a thing, I took more and more, still almost nothing, then I got a rush of energy and I stayed up all night and most of the day on sunday.

I got back and noticed I felt weird. I didn't understand what was going on I went to the doctor they told me to just take some xanax and maybe some sleeping pills and I should be ok.

the next couple of days I had the side effect the cloudiness, I couldnt think at all, it blocked all my thoughts.
this continued until I went back to the doctor she told me to just stay off of em for a a couple days and maybe I will feel better. I did that and nothing, Then I started taking them again and it was horrible. The cloud feeling left me like a zombie.

I suffered like this thinking things were going to get better after maybe a month or 2, but it didn't. This ruined my internship experience, my employer must of thought I was a dipshit. I was doing fine up until then.

I dont know how I managed but I pulled through all the way until november, when I told the doctor I couldnt handle it. she told me to cut it down to 20mg, so I did, I then felt way better. I then myself decided to cut that down to 10 and then finally now to nothing. I feel better now than I have since this problem started.

Im just wondering if this shit happened because I missed my medication for 3 days, the molly or a combination of both??

I am still battling through, things are getting better though, I notice my ability to think and communicate have improved drastically. I still feel like i'm at around 85% of what I use to be when things were ok.

I feel like I am alone, no one can relate to me that I know, all my friends are o.k my girlfriend too, I don't know anyone who struggles through like me.

This cloud feeling ruined my year, I messed up 2 job interviews, it messed up my internship, and it also impacted my grades. Things are getting better now, but It just sucks that it happened. I was always trying to be one step ahead of the game, but I fell so hard this year it was a hug mess, and there was no one I could talk to that could relate.

Well, I found this website and hopefully some of you can tell me if you shared similar experiences, maybe some advice??? Oh I forgot to mention I also read about Serotonin syndrome do you think that might actually be what I was and currently am suffering from???

I tapered that damn citalopram up to a damn spec of dust, and every time I took it it left me feeling like a zombie. from 40 to 0 mg. right now Is seems like its started to wear off more and more everyday I am just worried that anxiety will come up and then depression all over again.