PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'ld say Hi!

snowman
28-07-04, 21:04
Hi all

You may have seen I've been using this site over the last few days but thought I'ld introduce myself.

Firstly can I say how reassuring it is to hear about so many different people and their problems. Like many of you coming to terms and discussing with others is half the battle...although every relationship I've ever had seems to break down when I find it hard to cope by refusng to take help until it is too late. I've suffered anxiety and all that goes with it for about 9 years although I can probably see things going back further. used to very confidant, loved to act and sing and went on to have successful sales career until I lost my job and sank back into depression. The fact is I am now finding it difficult to get another job because of my underlying fears. I too have had blood tests convinced that there is more to it and I have found that I do have an intolerance to milk which may contribute to my lack of energy. Seroxat kept me going for 5 years and was determined to never have to rely on again. Started Ciprolex last year for 6 months and stopped when I felt better....too soon!! Just gone back on them and about to start CBT too. Hypnotherapy did help a bit but maybe didn't give along term solution. To everyone that lives with their condition on a daily basis I applaud you to never let it win. Once you can accept it it can be somewhat easier but having a close circle of friends that can act as an occassional ear piece helps too.

I look forward to being a part of the forum.

S

nomorepanic
28-07-04, 21:17
Hiya Snowman

Welcome (officially). Love the name!!

How did you find out about the milk interloreance cos I am currently giving up wheat and then milk is next. Did you have tests done?

CBT will be great - I did that years ago and it pushed me to do stuff that otherwise I wouldn't have so I hope it works for you too.

Well welcome aboard and carry on posting!

Nicola

pips
28-07-04, 23:13
Hi Snowman,

Welcome to the site. Your right it really does helping knowing there are people to help and this is a fab site!

Take care and I hope the CBT goes well for you!

PIP'S

snowman
28-07-04, 23:21
Hi

Milk intolerance was a real shock! Trying to get to the cause of my problems convinced my diet played a part. Found a website for Yorktest and they test for about 136 different things. Turns out Milk was off the ricta scale!! Had a wheat test last year and it was negative. Would definitely recommend it for piece of mind. You just do it from home although it is privately funded. But it is something my doc would never have recommended. But then you realise just how many things milk is in. There is a possible link to anxiety and depression but as usual depends on the person. Also recommnded I take fish oil tablets and multi vits to keep my B vits up........all part of a healthy nervous system. I'll let you know how I get on as it's early days.

S

sal
28-07-04, 23:25
Hi Snowman

Welcome to the site.

Unfortunate that you came of the tablets too soon but you have recognised that and gone back on them, so that is a good start on the road to recovery.

I sometimes think when we have a few good days we think we can run before we can walk, but i suppose that us just us clinging to the hope that it is all over. Then we suddenly realise there is no time limit and it takes more time than we catered for.

You have done well by accepting you needed a bit more help, and still need some support from the tablets.

Pleased you are doing CBT, it is a really good therapy for our circumstances. I cant believe how much my CBt helped me. Ive gone back so i am now back under her and she told me that we wont go back to the start but will recap on necessary points then draw a plan together for relapses.

Hope it goes well for you. Best of luck.

Love Sal xxxx