PDA

View Full Version : vitamin and mineral depletion AGAIN !!

susan1963
08-04-14, 20:23
hi my gp has sent me to see a gastrologist who ive got to see on the 6th may, the reason is because my folate and ferritin levels keep going down, im worried ive got something awfall like chrons or gastritis or worse, ill have iron and folate for a couple of months, have another blood test and the levels have gone back to normal, then after about 6 months or so ive got to have another blood test which they reveal the folate and ferritin has depleted again, this happens every time, i also suffer with acid reflux (for the last couple of years) and chronic hives that i still have my question is does anyone else have the same as me and why a gastrolologist and not a blood dr :shrug:

Lilharry
08-04-14, 20:32
Hi Susan,

I have had similar problems with acid reflux and hives. Do you have any other digestive symptoms and or allergies/intolerances? I discovered that I have a condition called "leaky gut" which means that my intestines have become permeable and I can't digest food properly, which means that I'm not getting the nutrients from teh food. Also it means that food proteins can escape my intestine and enter my blood stream, which sets off my immune system and I get allergic reactions. I also have an overgrowth of bad bacteria in my gut which gives rise to whole host of other symtoms. Most doctors don't know how to treat for these kinds of things, but naturopaths and holistic doctors will help. I went through numerous doctors who didn't know how to help and I saw 2 gastroenterologists who didn't know what to do either. I have found relief from a change in diet and natural supplements.

susan1963
08-04-14, 22:05
hi lilharry, thanks for your reply, i will look into what you said about alternative medicine, i will wait to see what the gastrologist diagnoses first, i know ive got acid reflux, i had a test done for coeliac disease and that was neg, but i dont know about being gluten intolorent, the gp said my hives and reflux was caused from anxiety, which ive suffered with for years, on and off but only developed hives about 3 years ago, which are daily and very uncomftable, im at my wits end with it all and at a loss what to do now :weep::weep::weep: