PDA

View Full Version : The wonderful world of the hospital waiting room

fedup36
09-04-14, 14:46
I've had to go to hospital today to get my MRI results for my knee...
As soon as I step into the hospital I'm dizzy, feel like the floors dropping I start to get a stiff neck, burning sensations and feel frankly awful!
It's obviously anxiety but I would love to know the reasoning as to why I feel like this... I'm not aware I'm hyperventilating and probably in the safest place for someone with health anxiety but I just want to get out.., I feel like I'm on the verge of fainting constantly :( it's pretty naff and I just need some help x

mummyanxious
09-04-14, 16:22
Sometimes you don't know you're hyperventilating though. And sometimes the feelings just come, you feel threatened, the body responds.
Where do you get your burning sensations?

Fishmanpa
09-04-14, 16:38
I can relate...

When I had the issue with chest pain, I was at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore for my check up. So I was sent to the ER where I sat for two hours waiting to be seen. Baltimore, being a very large city and the hospital being in a rather "interesting" area of the city made it so it was a total zoo! I hate the ER in general and am not fond of hospitals in general so I get it. The stress from the "scanxiety" coupled with the chest pain, coupled with a freak show in the ER made Fishmanpa a VERY unhappy camper!

Positive thoughts

MRS STRESS ED
09-04-14, 17:03
Fedup I totally know what your saying ,when my dad was in hospital the minute I got in there I was dizzy ,everytime I visited him I also felt like I was going to faint ,but strange thing is I was fine before I went in there ,this happens most of the time when im out im trying to learn to live with it but as you no its awful sending you some :hugs: xx

fedup36
09-04-14, 21:57
Well I made it through and surprise surprise I'm feeling much better :) I started feeling better the moment I stepped out the hospital haha! Even ended up going to bloodie Zunba, I'm not letting this anxiety win :D

marlowe78
31-05-14, 23:05
Glad you got through it. :)

I absolutely HATE hospitals. The doctors have the tools to assure me I'm well but I sit there afraid of what they might do to me!

Danii
01-06-14, 06:38
Fedup I know exactly how you feel as well, and I work in a hospital! This is what lets me know its really anxiety. I get my worse symptoms on days when I have to come into work, its bad while I'm here, and the second I go home, I'm much better. Darn anxiety.

Worried 24/7
01-06-14, 08:47
Even though you know you're in the best place if something goes wrong, it makes you anxious because you getting scared of the diagnosis. You just "know" they're gonna tell you you're dying this time....