PDA

View Full Version : Froze in a meeting

sabrez
09-04-14, 15:47
I've been so anxious/stressed the past few days because of my final year project which I handed in yesterday.

Had a staff/student meeting today and I completely froze when trying to get across my point! The feeling that comes with this is horrendous :( I feel so ashamed and embarrassed.

Just wanted to share my experiences here, and I welcome anyone else that gets a similar thing to post so I know I'm not alone. :)

MRS STRESS ED
09-04-14, 18:16
Aww bless sorry to hear you feeling bad ,but you shouldnt this can happen to anyone of us esspecialy when we are under pressure have a chat with them and explain how you are feeling xx

Ryan92
09-04-14, 22:05
Hi, its very normal to be anxious/nervous due to feeling under pressure so try not to feel so embarrassed :) I've been through this before when I was at school so I know how it feels :)

Its better to be nervous rather than being overly confident or cocky. If they saw that you were nervous then they will realise you have taken your work seriously :)

You're definitely not alone :D

HalfJack
09-04-14, 22:29
You're not alone :) The last time I had to make a presentation was a disaster!
The same thing happened to my friend and she's a high powered business women who is used to pressure and normally has no anxiety problems.

MyNameIsTerry
10-04-14, 01:18
Don't be too hard on yourself, its quite natural to be nervous giving presentations or talking in groups about your work.

Its like an interview so you feel under the microscope.

Interviewers are used to this so are not bothered when it happens. A good interviewer will put you at ease and get you back on track. Im sure your teachers are the same, they don't expect total confidence at this stage of your life.

I remember being nervoud doing my first presentation but honestly it does get easier. It can help to engage with the audience as it feels less formal, dependant on the situation of course.

sabrez
15-04-14, 18:09
Thanks everyone :)