PDA

View Full Version : need some positivity here

Dreamer029
02-12-06, 14:36
okay i posted this in the medications forum, but i dont think there's many people there so i figured i'd try here sorry if you had to read it twice. yesterday i just started citalopram for my intense anxiety and panic attacks. i felt 10 times worse!! it was horrible. and i still dont feel so hot today. dizzy, nausea, i vomited, and i can barely eat anything. im feeling really low. and to add to that, this may sound odd, but i think i have a FEAR of depression. like whenever i have a low thought i get even more panicked because i think im becoming depressed i have heard meds take a while to kick in, has anyone else had this kind of experience. im searching for a light at the end of the tunnel.

thanks
lauren

Nel
02-12-06, 14:45
Have a look here hon, hope the side effects ease xxx

Citalopram, Cipramil, Escitalopram & Lexapro (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1949)

Lindalou64
02-12-06, 15:07
it does take awile for the meds to get into ya blood stream.....i think your just depressed cause ya feel like crap thats how i get i tell the docs nooo im not depressed clinically depressed i get depressed down blue because of anxiety or panic i think we all do once inawile who wants it but i will say it does get better......stay positive dont GOOGLE and stay away from the negative........look for the good it is there believe it or not.......i wish ya all the best...........Linda xx[8D]

yorkylover
02-12-06, 17:03
Hi Lauren,Im on citalopram and felt exactly like you.It took two weeks for the side affects to calm down,but they did.It takes a while for your body to get used to them.If your actually being sick,maybe you should check it out with your gp.There is a light at the end of the tunnel.;)

Ellen XX

Rachel Ball
02-12-06, 17:43
Hi there
I have taken Citalopram twice. The first time, I had no adverse effects, the second time I was horrendous!! I think it was because I was feeling far worse when I started on them second time round. Anyway...I felt so bad that I stopped taking them after a few days but then I persevered and I feel fine now. Not every anti depressant suits everyone so it may be that this is not the right one for you, check it out with your doc. good luck, Rachelx

honeybee3939
02-12-06, 18:40
Hi Lauren

I also take Citalopram, they can take up to 4 weeks before you start to feel better. The first week i started taking them my anxiety was alot worse, but the second week the side affects subsided, try to persevere with them as they do work, i call them my wonder drug !:D

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"