PDA

View Full Version : Superficial Melanoma

Susie333
10-04-14, 10:01
My Daughter has her results next Weds after having a suspicious mole removed. I'm so anxious and scared, does "Superficial" mean it's less likely to have spread? I'm trying not to google :weep:

bulan
10-04-14, 11:32
I don't know much about melanoma, but on the surface "superficial" sounds hopeful to me.

The other good news is that melanoma has excellent survival rates if caught early!

I recently read that survivors of melanoma are their own biggest threat afterwards, because many of them become risk-takers by exposing themselves to too much UV radiation (sun bathing, tanning beds, and so on), thus risking another occurrence of skin cancer. So help her to make wise choices in this regard.

If you're like me and want to do everything possible to support your daughter's health, even while you wait for results, look up supplements she can take, as well as minor changes for her diet. Several things have been found effective at preventing melanoma, or even slowing and reversing tumor growth.

All the best! :)

Masqued
10-04-14, 12:39
I'm pretty sure Superficial M. Is the most common and treatable type.
Do not Google, as per usual it will bring up worst case scenario.
Fingers crossed it was taken out early and the worst part is done :)

Fishmanpa
10-04-14, 12:51
Agreed.... Superficial is the most common type and means it hasn't spread. Also the most curable.

Positive thoughts

AlexandriaUK
10-04-14, 16:12
Sending blessings to your daughter and you x

DistantJ
10-04-14, 17:13
Superficial means on the outside only. They'll just cut it off and everything will be fine :)