PDA

View Full Version : Now on duloxetine anxiety getting much worse

HermitSteve
10-04-14, 13:43
:welcome: I just thought i would drop by too introduce myself this is my first post on here.
I have suffered with PTSD for many many years which i managed until i was involved in a bad bike crash some ten years back,that was when the cork came out of the bottle so to speak since this i have tried so many different meds and therapies but sadly none have helped me yet.
At the moment i am taking Duloxetine 120mg daily which i will say has made my anxiety go through the roof i now wake up daily panicking which lasts all day. I have been looking online about adding something to help either calm me down or level me out.
I have come across what they call " limerick rocket fuel" does any one take this or now if it works ? because i really am at the end of my rope.

SADnomore
10-04-14, 18:43
Hi, HermitSteve!
How long have you been on duloxetine? I understand it is a SNRI which venlaxafine is, as well. Venlaxafine triggers anxiety further before it starts working against it, so maybe this is what is going on for you, the storm before the calm, so to speak! What about a beta blocker alongside? ... Limerick rocket fuel? Lol! No idea!
Marie

MyNameIsTerry
12-04-14, 04:37
Limerick Rocket Fuel or California Rocket Fuel, I would say to discuss this with your doctor to see if they think it can benefit you.

I'm on Duloxetine. I didn't have too many issues at the starting dose of 30mg but when I increased to the standard dose of 60mg I went through the worst anxiety I have ever felt...far worse than what I had before. I seemed to get worse for about 8-10 days and then it dropped off.

I can honestly tell you I've never felt worse than those days, ever!

By about day 8 I buckled due to the overwhelming restlessness and had a low dose of Diazapam. I only had two on seperate days and they just gave me a little bit of peace.

I really don't think our doctors understand how bad this SRNI can make us feel. Perhaps they should be combining it with something to take the edge of it until you are out past the side effects which thankfully seem shorter than SSRI's like Citalopram.

Have you had the any incredible adrenaline rushes? I had this in the 8 day period upon waking and it lasted about 1.5-2.5 hours. I felt like I could run a marathon at a sprint pace. I always describe it to people as the scene in the film Crank where Jason Statham injects himself in the lift and comes tearing out screaming and runs for ages...

You are on double what I was on. Perhaps they should have taken a graduated approach to this so you can settle into it?

I really would suggest speaking to them again.

HermitSteve
13-04-14, 09:28
Hi, HermitSteve!
How long have you been on duloxetine? I understand it is a SNRI which venlaxafine is, as well. Venlaxafine triggers anxiety further before it starts working against it, so maybe this is what is going on for you, the storm before the calm, so to speak! What about a beta blocker alongside? ... Limerick rocket fuel? Lol! No idea!
Marie

I have been on duloxetine for nearly 18 months so the side effects should of gone by now surely ? thius waking up has only just started a few weeks ago why i dont know ? as for beta blockers they tried me on them and to be honest they didnt make any difference....i am seeing the consultant on monday with my caseworker to see if there is any else we can try...here's hoping ?:shrug:

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

Limerick Rocket Fuel or California Rocket Fuel, I would say to discuss this with your doctor to see if they think it can benefit you.

I'm on Duloxetine. I didn't have too many issues at the starting dose of 30mg but when I increased to the standard dose of 60mg I went through the worst anxiety I have ever felt...far worse than what I had before. I seemed to get worse for about 8-10 days and then it dropped off.

I can honestly tell you I've never felt worse than those days, ever!

By about day 8 I buckled due to the overwhelming restlessness and had a low dose of Diazapam. I only had two on seperate days and they just gave me a little bit of peace.

I really don't think our doctors understand how bad this SRNI can make us feel. Perhaps they should be combining it with something to take the edge of it until you are out past the side effects which thankfully seem shorter than SSRI's like Citalopram.

Have you had the any incredible adrenaline rushes? I had this in the 8 day period upon waking and it lasted about 1.5-2.5 hours. I felt like I could run a marathon at a sprint pace. I always describe it to people as the scene in the film Crank where Jason Statham injects himself in the lift and comes tearing out screaming and runs for ages...

You are on double what I was on. Perhaps they should have taken a graduated approach to this so you can settle into it?

I really would suggest speaking to them again.

The only side effects i really suffered starting it was feeling a bit drunk when i moved too quick or stood up to fast a sort of vertigo feeling....other than that i didnt feel anything but as with every med they all effect people differently....mind it would be nice to have that rush feeling because too be honest at the moment i feel nothing at all :weep:

MyNameIsTerry
14-04-14, 01:32
The side effects for SSRI/SRNI's normally subside after a month, some suffer less, some more. I would also question whether they fully understand the side effects anyway because I've had issues well after that period.

The extra anxiety they cause though would be right at the start which suggests what is currently happening is anziety based, rather than medication.

It's possible to develop more anxiety disorders. I had GAD and later depression but in my relapse I also have developed OCD.

If it's lasting all day, I would think it was GAD. So, it's worth a chat with your GP about therapy options. Look into relaxation techniques such as Calming Technique, Progressive Muscle Relaxation (PMR) and Mindfulness meditation. The first 2 are easy to learn but the 3rd is bar far the most powerful hence takes some time to get into.