PDA

View Full Version : First Post - Am I sick??

paulio56
10-04-14, 14:09
Hey all,

I've had bad health anxiety on and off for nearly 2 years now. I'm 21 (22 next week). The last few weeks have been hell and I'm not sure why. I've had a some trouble recently with one of my wisdom teeth it developed pericoronitis twice (pretty tame infection because there is no room for tooth to come through properly) and I've been advised to have the tooth out which I am doing next month.

Thing is the last few weeks I have felt so much worse than ever before. Feeling generally unwell, headaches (constantly), really tired all the time, changes in temperature, pressure in head...the list goes on. I guess what I'm trying to find out is; are these signs that I am actually sick or is this just a bad bout of anxiety??

It's so hard to tell anymore. I've booked a doctor's appointment but even then I'm not optimistic that I'll actually find anything out. My brother's wedding is in two weeks, my birthday is next week and his stag do is on Saturday. I'm just worried that the way I'm feeling is going to ruin all of these things. Some help/advice would be very much appreciated!!

thanks,

Paul

jordan80
10-04-14, 15:14
Hi, I guess were both going through the same sort of thing, I am majorly worried right now and my Health Anxiety is through the roof, I'm experiencing the same symptoms if not more, so I guess I can put it down to anxiety... Whenever I'm feeling like this i always forget to drink enough, then when I become dehydrated my anxiety worsens so remember to keep well hydrated and eat some fresh fruit and veg too, that always helps me. Whenever I'm out doing something, and especially going to family do's you tend to forget about the things bothering you and few drinks should definitely ease your worries. Easier said than done but try to live in the now, and not think about the future, also I say to myself if I'm able to write a post on a website, I can't be that bad... Hopefully the doctors visit should ease your mind aswell.

SarahH
10-04-14, 16:53
Hi Paul and :welcome: to NMP......it may help you to look on the left hand side of this page an d check out the "symptoms" section.

Sarah

emeraldgirl
10-04-14, 19:49
Hi. Although t he symptoms you mention could be anxiety they could also be to do with your tooth. I had a wisdom tooth out last Monday due to infection and I had all the same symptoms you mention so it could be the tooth that is making you feel unwell. Hopefully you will feel much better when it is out.