PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds?

Tinker28
10-04-14, 17:09
Hi there,

So I've been worrying a lot, I always seem to do that😬 I can't help it. I'm wondering if anyone can relate to me on this. Does anyone else experience symptoms after reading about them like you are constantly thinking about them and then evently you get them. Also I mean really what are the odds of getting the diesease after you have read about it and feared over it forever. Wanted others feed back please! Thanks for listening!!😊

Fishmanpa
10-04-14, 18:00
Hi Tinker,

Just take a look at the boards in the last week or so. Someone posted about appendicitis fears last week and there have been two new threads about it.

I believe it's psychological. It can be blatantly obvious as you read about it and start getting symptoms (or think you are having symptoms) or maybe even don't recall but your subconscious manifests it anyway.

Being that the majority of fears are of the rare physical issues, I believe the odds would be incredibly high that you would get the disease you feared most. In the time I've been on the boards, I've not seen someone's worse fear become reality.

Positive thoughts

Tinker28
10-04-14, 18:08
believe the odds would be incredibly high that you would get the disease you feared most. In the time I've been on the boards, I've not seen someone's worse fear become reality.
Do you mean the odds are low?

Fishmanpa
10-04-14, 19:37
believe the odds would be incredibly high that you would get the disease you feared most. In the time I've been on the boards, I've not seen someone's worse fear become reality.
Do you mean the odds are low?

Exactly... about as much if not more than actually getting the disease!
Incredibly high odds AGAINST it happening. I think you stand a better chance of being hit by lighting....

Positive thoughts

Tinker28
10-04-14, 21:39
Yes, I keep telling myself that over and over and I will till t start to believe it myself!!��