PDA

View Full Version : Brain abscess from ear infection

Shivmarie
10-04-14, 18:16
In the local telegraph just seen a headline about a girl died of a brain abscess after being treated with an ear infection. Anyone who knows my history will know I've been freaking out given I've had recurring ear infections since September 2012 and I am awaiting a myringoplasty on both ears to repair perforations which have been perforated for almost a year. It's 1 in 4000 chance apparently I feel like I'm going to be unlucky with this and I can't shake the dread. X

LunaLiuna
10-04-14, 18:37
I've had multiple ear infections in both ears and a perforation on the right, I'm sure we are both fine :)

roxy90
10-04-14, 19:00
I read this in the daily mail. 1 in 4000 is quite worrying to me , thought it would be more than that.

Shivmarie
10-04-14, 19:29
I know yeah.
It's really frustrating when I catch some things like this in the media I try to avoid it now but that's everywhere. Since I've been getting headaches which I'm putting down to tension and I'm really anxious finding it hard to concentrate and keep spacing out. Eugh I hate anxiety.

Fishmanpa
10-04-14, 19:50
From a medical website:

"According to the National Health Service (NHS), UK, approximately between 2 and 3 people in every million develop an abscess annually in the United Kingdom - it is a very rare infection."

Positive thoughts

Shivmarie
10-04-14, 19:53
Thanks Fishmanpa. Feeling abit better now. I'm such an idiot at times.