PDA

View Full Version : the new guy

thirtysixbelow
02-12-06, 15:54
I never realized what I had was shared by so many others. I figured I was a hypochondriac until I read the article on this site. Then I realized that I only worry when I have tangible symptoms. I started to read this forum and it was a relief. I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder a few years ago and took lexapro for about 2 years. After those 2 years I started missing doses as I was feeling better and eventually realized I didn't need it anymore. I know I still have anxiety, but I have learned to deal with the worst of it and can now control my panic attacks naturally though awareness. I still can't get over my health anxiety though. I have lost almost everyone in my family except my parents, my sister, and a cousin. I have such a fear of death. It's mostly because I feel like I will be missing out on so much of my life if I die. Everything that happens to me is cancer and I'm going to die. The past 3 days I have had issues with going to the bathroom and thought my kidneys were failing after someone I know had it happened to them, I saw it as an enlightenment for my problem. Along with that has come some lower back pain and last night when I went to bed my knees were hurting pretty bad as well. It is the worst at night and I get so scared that I'm going to go to bed and not wake up. The only benefit of this is that when I wake up in the mornings I'm so thankful for the day and that I made it. My biggest ongoing problem is that i feel spaced out and light. My arms get the feeling that they are almost not there anymore. I'm so afraid I'm just going to pass out and die. It sounds silly, but at the time it's very real in my head. I still havn't convinced myself that there is nothing wrong with me, but this site helped a lot. Hopefully by next week I will be pain free and everything internally will go back to normal.

ceecee
02-12-06, 16:21
hi and welcome to the forum!!!!
you,re definatley not alone in your thoughts!
lots of people here have similar worries!!!
take care
rach x

yorkylover
02-12-06, 17:24
Hi and welcome,you will get lots of support it,and advise.
take care

Ellen XX

manmoor
02-12-06, 18:06
Hi,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandyxx

honeybee3939
02-12-06, 19:09
Hi

A BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice here while making new friends on the way.:D

First Steps:
First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

keepemlaughing
03-12-06, 02:42
I welcome you as well. I am in the states also. The people here are great. There is such a feeling of acceptance and support. Do not feel bad about any of your worries. YOu are not alone.

Sheryl

Sheryl

You don't have to be a cow to know what milk is.

Lindalou64
03-12-06, 03:18
hello welcome hope ya find lots of info and friends on here no and ya not alone thats for sure .the best to ya.......Linda[8D]

miss diagnosis
03-12-06, 12:41
there are lots of people here who have the same issues.Welcome. I hope you find this site as great as i do

Lynnann
03-12-06, 14:54
Hi there,

welcome to the forum, you will make some good friends here and get lots of good advice and support along the way.

Take care of yourself

Hugs to you

Lynnann

trac67
03-12-06, 18:14
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

nomorepanic
04-12-06, 19:49
Hi

Welcome aboard.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel