PDA

View Full Version : Driving myself mad :(

Cariad1
10-04-14, 19:47
Hi All

This is my first post here, only recently been suffering from HA, well since my mum was diagnosed with the dreaded cancer we all fear.

I seem to have developed a red blotch on my nose, its so sore to the touch and seems to tingle, almost like a burning sensation.....I have convinced myself its skin cancer!

I have had it before but it seemed to disappear but now its back and yep you have guessed it i have googled :(

I just wish i could go back to the way things were before, when i have no HA and everything seemed normal.

Im sure my Dr is getting sick of the sight of me!

Thanks for letting me offload, my poor husband has been so good but he really doesn't understand what im going through at the moment

xx

Marie36
10-04-14, 22:38
Step away from Google!!! It will tell you you have anything from a bit of dry skin to the very worst! As because of how we think we will ignore the mild non important stuff and go straight to the death sentence.

The red area could be anything..I get excema and it comes and goes. See your GP or practice nurse..they will make you feel better. Chances are the stress of your mum being ill is triggering this...deep breaths and all will be fine.

Onwards and upwards x

AnxietySufferer
11-04-14, 04:20
All I can say is that completely understand and sympathise with you! I too have recently had someone close to me diagnosed with cancer, and even before that this whole year has been a struggle with me with HA ever since I got stomach pains during a stressful time I relate everything to serious illness. It's not easy, but we will get there, if I think of how far I have come since I very first went to the doctors, I am now a lot better at rationalising and I panic less about a sudden symptom more about ongoing ones which I think is a step in the right direction from where I have come from! Cancer is a terrible disease, one of my biggest fears.. But if has also become far more treatable in recent years! Fingers crossed for your mum, it's not an easy thing to go through, and it is very difficult for the family seeing someone go through treatment but things will be okay xx

Cariad1
11-04-14, 06:47
Thanks Marie and Anxietysufferer, I know in myself what im doing just isn't rational but i just can't seem to stop!

I have put myself on a google ban because no good can ever come from looking up symptoms on there.

I have got an appointment at the Drs today just to get my nose checked for peace of mind, they know the situation with my mum and the way i feel at the moment so im going to mention it again to them and see if they can recommend some sort of coping mechanism i can put into place to help me get some sort of perspective on the situation im in.

It's so nice to be able to chat with others in a similar situation to me, it gives my poor hubby a break :roflmao:

xx

MyNameIsTerry
11-04-14, 07:47
Are you getting any help e.g. therapy such as CBT?

I would really recommend Mindfulness meditation. Its aim is for you to live in the now and accept things. Its very good at breaking thought cycles and giving you back the ability to control your thoughts. It does take time to learn but it can help in smaller ways at the beginning since it is relaxing and helps with breathing.

Sorry to hear about your mum. I hope she gets all the help she needs and successfully gets through it all.

To help your husband, perhaps look at the Time For Change website as it had loads of stories of people like you.

Cariad1
11-04-14, 08:51
Thanks Mynameisterry, My mum was only diagnosed in January so this is all pretty new at the moment, this anxiety seemed to crop up over the last couple of months.

I do think i need some sort of therapy to help me cope with things so when i pop to the Drs today i will mention CBT and see what he has to say about it.

xx