PDA

View Full Version : The Heartbleed Bug: What you need to know

skippy66
10-04-14, 19:56
Anyone who keeps an eye on the BBC news website will have noticed the following headline today: Heartbleed Bug: What you need to know.

Anyone with health anxiety will read this and utterly freak out. "There's a bug that makes your heart bleed? OH MY GOD!" And to make it worse, apparently this thing is spreading fast. It's a virus that may be difficult to stop.

Then you click the link, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26969629

...and discover that the heart bleed bug is in actual fact a computer virus. But the BBC managed to scare thousands of people nonetheless...

:)

channie009
10-04-14, 20:22
Found it hard to decide whether to read this thread or not... kinda happy I read this otherwise the 'heart bleed bug' would have haunted me Dx

Catherine S
11-04-14, 23:32
I saw this in the Daily Mail, and its a measure of how far I've come with my HA...given that most of it was about my heart...that it didn't even for a moment cross my mind that it was about an actual heart, and I read it with more curiosity than trepidation. I've come a long a long way :)

MyNameIsTerry
12-04-14, 04:18
I saw this in the Daily Mail, and its a measure of how far I've come with my HA...given that most of it was about my heart...that it didn't even for a moment cross my mind that it was about an actual heart, and I read it with more curiosity than trepidation. I've come a long a long way :)

I think the fact you dare to read the Daily Mail is also proof of overcoming HA since their stories are way over the top.