PDA

View Full Version : Heart rate worries?

Chloe34517
10-04-14, 22:15
Recently, I began taking my pulse a lot and noticed that it was high - usually at between 100 and 130 even when I'm resting. I went to the doctors and had an ecg and they said it was high and think it's due to my venlafaxine medication that I've been on for the past 8 months. I had another ecg yesterday and my pulse was at 100, so they're continuing to reduce my medication and I'm on 75mg now rather than the 300 I was on before. However, I've also noticed that sometimes my pulse is quite low when I'm resting too. Like, it's either at around 90/100 or at about 60 and I forgot to mention that to the doctor. Now I'm worried that my I'm either going to have a heart attack/stroke because it's so high or it'll stop beating in the night because it gets quite low. I'll mention it to the doctor when I next go, but I just need some advice/reassurance in the mean time. I just don't understand why my pulse fluctuates so much from really high to quite low. I've also had a pain in the centre of my chest for about a month but it's mostly just when I move or breath very deeply, so the doctor said it's probably the the chest wall muscles and nothing serious. Also,on the left side of my chest if I laugh or strain or anything, I feel a little fluttery spasm on top of my left breast.

Marie36
10-04-14, 22:55
Your pulse can fluctuate for a stack of reasons and yes you should mention it to your GP..only so you feel better about it. My pulse can range from 60 to 100 and has got much higher whilst panicing. My recent worries have been heart related aand took alot of tests to convince me it was fine. They don't mess around with hearts..if the tests that you had were a worry they would do more or take you into hospital. They have said it's because of your medication and you must believe that. Stop taking your pulse! It made my obsession worst. The chest pain you describe could be muscular or anxiety related. You should of course go back if it changes or worsens but I am pretty sure it's fine. An ECG will show alot of info and that based on other obs means the docs are happy. Trust them..see how the med reduction goes and try to relax...deep breaths.

Take Care x