PDA

View Full Version : Can't sleep- weight loss

AnxietySufferer
11-04-14, 04:13
Okay so I'm in bed and haven't been able to sleep (finding it difficult to sleep this week), my body has been under stress as I have been upset about a few different things this week. Anyway I'm worrying about my weight again since I have lost another few pounds which I really couldn't afford to lose and I'm constantly worried of getting an eating disorder or having malnutrition, and because of what has happened with peaches Geldof I relate it back to that thinking I'm more at risk of dying naturally. I don't know if a one can help me but I thought I would write a post to take my mind off of the fact that I can't sleep... My breathing also feels all funny again like it's an effort to breathe and I still have the red spots all over my tongue. Please somebody help me 😭

Marie36
11-04-14, 04:24
I can't sleep either! Firstly breathe..nobody knows what has happened to Peaches Geldolf yet so don't jump to any, probably false, conclusions. The red spots on your tongue could be anythumg and unlikely to be serious but you can't sort that now so put it out of mind. The breathing is probably anxiety. .you are focused on everything your body is doing..it's late, you're tired and I bet you are hypersensitive to it. I get like that at nighttime.
If you are worried about your weight, see you Gp..if you are eating a balanced diet it is unlikely you are malnourished but ask about supplements. It's a cycle..you're stressed, you lose weight, you stress...and around you go...
What support are you getting for the anxiety? I started meditation...been a godsend.
Take Care x

AnxietySufferer
11-04-14, 04:39
Thankyou !
At the moment, Very little support.. I gave up on my councillor after she as making my health anxiety worse. I tried yoga which helped a little, I have tried to do a little exercise since I'm pretty unfit... I try to have a health diet but I just don't seem to eat enough! My anxiety makes me want to eat healthier (I have lost over a stone) and eating wheat free has contributed I think since it rules out food like pizza etc...anyway this is my attempt at rationalising!

MyNameIsTerry
11-04-14, 05:10
This probably sounds like a daft question but have you checked your weight in terms of BMI, fat %, etc? Do you know for a fact that you are underweight and by how far?

Are you struggling to eat the food because it's too much? If you don't eat a great deal it will take time to be able to get more in since the stomach shrinks after a while, but it will expand again if it encouraged to do so as this is a normal function for the stomach.

If you are struggling to eat more due to the bloating, you could drink the calories. IT's easier to drink them than eat them. There are loads of protein shakes, weight gainers, etc.

Keep up the exercise as well because that will make you want to eat more.

AnxietySufferer
13-04-14, 19:04
I am not quite underweight (although I have been within the past few months) I'm like just on the borderline and I hate it! I feel to skinny, and you need a bit of fat on you for when illness strikes! I find by IBS strikes up, I don't feel like eating and then it's hard to get back into it as I don't feel hungry!