PDA

View Full Version : pupils

shereedac
02-12-06, 17:05
Hi there is it normal for your pupils to be dilated very large all of the time?

sheree ritchie

jill
02-12-06, 23:20
Hi Sheree.

Ohhh I wish I could answer that question for you, but I can't. I know when I was acute I was very reluctant to look at myself too much bucause I know Mrs anxiety would notice all the negative about me.

Pupils do dilate when we suffer anxiety

In order to prepare the body for impending danger, adrenaline release causes many physical changes. During the anxiety response the body prepares the eyes to notice any slight movements; it does this by dilating the pupils allowing more light to enter. This is why anxious people become more sensitive to bright light and often wear sunglasses to minimize the eyestrain it causes.

When I was acute, I was anxious all the time, so maybe my pupils were big all the time. I just never looked.

Are you anxious all the time [?] I do believe that you pupils can stay big for along time.

If you are worried sheree, go get your eyes tested, peace of mind goes along way.

Hope this helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear something
learn as much about it as you can
Knowledge conquers fear.

angstsoup
03-12-06, 05:33
Hi Sheree

I in fact have uneven pupil size
One of the opthamologist I have seen suggested I go see a neuro- opthamologist
I freaked
Turns out when I got there, he was actaully surprised that my opthamologist sent me at all- said it was something I was probably born with and nothing more
The first one had also questioned as to why my eye lids were droopy- the answer to that he said was due to putting in contacts for 30 years
I know with anxiety it can attach itself to any given sign or symptom
I don't think enlarged pupils are a problem
In fact my sister in law said she had that for years and years now
If you feel a need to see an opthamaologist then do so but frankly I think they will tell you all is well
Best to you

Hugs,

Soup

" I have developed a new philosophy.....I only dread one day at a time." Charlie Brown