PDA

View Full Version : Navel Pain

MissSunshine
11-04-14, 14:51
Hi all has anyone had a navel pain where it feels like a sharp pain around your belly button you cannot stand up straight it feels like someone is pulling a string from my navel to my private area and its a sharp pain.
the first time it happened i rang NHS direct who said to get checked for a UTI, i did and the results came back all clear so its a mystery. This time its happened when Im on my period so maybe it always happens around that time. Also it happens when my bladder is full.
I have had this about 3 times now in about 5 years, it happens once in a blue moon, i could go months or maybe a year without it happening but when it comes he does scare me.
The doctors never seem worried about it and i was wondering if you know what it may be and how to ease the pain it doesnt last long luckily ive been in all day so i could sit down.
thanks to all in advance.
X

Fishmanpa
11-04-14, 15:13
Three belly button niggles in fives years shouldn't be concerning ;)
The fact that it coincides with Aunt Flo coming to visit and having to pee should quell any fears.

Positive thoughts

MissSunshine
11-04-14, 16:54
The only thing that worries me is that the pain can be unbearable but what you've said is very true! Thank you :)

Earthmum
12-04-14, 19:11
I get this! It started when I was pregnant and after child number 3 will happen maybe once or twice a year never asked the doc about this but I did google it ( this was 18 years ago mind you) and lots of people get it too it doesn't concern me much anymore and the only way I can describe it is as a stinging sensation in my bell button and I cannot stand straight or take a deep breath in it actually takes my breath away if I move! Haven't got an answer I'm sorry but I know how you feel, it may make you feel a little better knowing that other people have this too, don't worry it sounds normalish!!!!