PDA

View Full Version : Damnit I googled :(

scrumking
11-04-14, 14:52
Hey everyone,

Been awhile and I can say I have actually been doing pretty well lately.

But damnit I googled last night for the first time in months. I woke up in the middle of the night with chest pain in my left side and my left shoulder and arm was hurting I sat in bed trying to talk myself down and then grabbed my phone and typed in "causes of sudden adult death" l found that the most common causes are long qt and brugada syndrome. I was smart enough to put my phone away without researching these conditions further but I do have a question.

Would and ekg and holter miss these or any other conditions that would cause sudden adult death?

swgrl09
11-04-14, 14:55
Were you sleeping on the left side by any chance?

Fishmanpa
11-04-14, 15:19
long qt and brugada syndrome

:huh: Never heard of this in my life.......

Positive thoughts

Fizzy Warrior
11-04-14, 15:25
Oh, Scrumking, I sympathise with you, you're just like me!!! I've got similar symptoms to those you describe and can't count the amount of times I have googled in the middle of the night and been gripped with panic and fear... despite my doctor's repeated assurances that I'm fine, and his warnings to me to STAY OFF THE NET! I have never heard of the 2 illnesses you mentioned, that can cause sudden death, and I am going to resist the temptation to google them... and please don't tell me what they are, or I'm sure to develop the symptoms of them, lol! To answer your question, I don't know of anything that an ekg and holter might miss, I think they're pretty accurate tests. Hope you're feeling OK now. -x- (I'm new here btw)

Fishmanpa
11-04-14, 15:30
I have never heard of the 2 illnesses you mentioned, that can cause sudden death, and I am going to resist the temptation to google them...

I checked....It's some very, very rare genetic inherited niggle of the heart.

Positive thoughts

mummyanxious
11-04-14, 15:34
My friend has brugada. It's a rare inherited condition. It would be picked up in ECG as I'm pretty sure the long qt also is.