PDA

View Full Version : Cut hand open

MissSunshine
11-04-14, 16:58
I've cut my hand open with a bread knife and I am freaking out my partner has had a look but being the guy he is laughed at me nearly fainting and said its a hair line cut like a paper cut. It's about 1cm deep and keeps bleeding not a lot but it's freaking me out I don't want to get an infection :(

What do I do? I have put it under cold water put a cold tissue on it and TCP
Is there anything else I should be doing my hand is throbbing :(

MRS STRESS ED
11-04-14, 17:03
Hi hun you will be okay I cook for a living the amount of times I have cut myself well I cpuldnt count ,just keep it elevated and apply some pressure it will stop also keep it clean and covwred xx

Jacsta
11-04-14, 17:10
keep it clean and covered and itll be fine. If it is still bleeding put pressure on and keep your hand elevated until the bleeding stops. If it starts getting really hot or red then let your GP have a look at it, but infection is rare if you keep clean and covered

MissSunshine
11-04-14, 17:25
Thank you mrsstress ed and jacsta I was keeping the cut closed and was worried that I was meant to keep th blood flowing out. Its slightly blue as well. It's hard to keep this plaster on as it's on the palm of my hand near my fingers! Is TCP ok to clean it and how often do I clean it I'm sorry I'm making a big thing out of nothing it's my health anxiety! :(

Jacsta
11-04-14, 17:33
you shouldn't need to clean it often at all, keep it covered and don't let muck into it and itll be fine, if you keep cleaning and messing with it it wont heal

MRS STRESS ED
11-04-14, 17:38
Your very welcome MissShine xx