PDA

View Full Version : Sinuses and lymphnodes. Major Setback!

jab1982
11-04-14, 18:37
Hello All!

Just when I was recovering from a sinus infection back in February (which had me convinced of lymphoma) I have been infected once again. Since November my husband and I both have had 3 sinus infections. Each time he is about 3-4 days ahead of my schedule. Last time I had some lymphnodes on the right side of my head that were swollen. After I stopped poking a prodding then began to get smaller. I have found yet another under the right side of my jaw. I googled sinus infection on one side and saw that tumors can cause chronic sinusitis. Should I take comfort in the fact that my husband has also been sick when I get siick? Is it normal to find all of the lymphnodes on just the right side (they are all smaller than 1cm). My right ear hurts and all I can think of is, "what if it is something bad"?

I was doing great this is such a set-back for me. The self-checking makes my neck and ear ache.

eevee
11-04-14, 18:44
As hard as this is, try not to self check as it will only make it worse. I used to prod and poke this one area so often I gave myself bruises and scabs from when my nails were digging at the skin :blush:

robin321
11-04-14, 19:29
Yes you should take comfort. You husband was ill, and so were you. Your lymph nodes are doing exactly what they should. It is no different than getting a scab on a cut... we don't stress about that. Don't stress about this.