PDA

View Full Version : Chiropractors

fedup36
11-04-14, 18:46
I'm in such a huge panic right now :(
I have been seeing this chiropractor for a few weeks and went again tonight, he didn't do to many neck manipulations and no twisting of my neck or anything...

However when I stood up I felt fine and put my shoes etc back on however when walking out I started having my usual vertigo but it was quite severe...
I sat down composed myself and started feeling a bit better, he also took my blood pressure which was perfect...

Now I got home and instantly googled chiropractor and dizziness and what does every result say... STROKE STROKE STROKE I am now sat here in tears petrified :(

I'm so worried this is going to start my dizziness again which was getting better and ruin my wedding :( I give up I really do I can't see the point in this or cope with it any longer....

Darlopou
11-04-14, 19:07
You know never to use Google when you are concerned about health stuff!

I am sure you are absolutely fine :)

It sounds like you need to use your upcoming wedding as a distracting mechanism. Occupy your mind with all of the good stuff that the wedding will bring and all the things you get to do to make it the perfect day (even spending some time choosing favours can help). You obviously have lots to look forward to so try and give that the attention it deserves rather than listening to Dr. Google!

swgrl09
11-04-14, 19:20
If you were having a stroke, you would know by now. I am not a medical doctor, but in the three years that I worked with the elderly the paramedics seemed to know pretty quickly if somebody was having a stroke or not. I have gone to a chiro for many years and never had an issue, but did experience dizziness once in a while after an appointment.

mummyanxious
11-04-14, 19:20
Please don't worry! Mine told me the risk was minuscule.
I take it you had your neck done?
I always have worsened symptoms immediately after and the day after then my body is great.
Please please try and relax. Download mind space app for your phone if you have an iPhone. It's really good.