PDA

View Full Version : Had Endoscopy today

Agustin Bernal
11-04-14, 19:57
***Contains Graphic Photos***

2094I had both a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy today. I was very nervous beforehand about something going wrong like a bowel perforation or an adverse reaction to the anesthesia, but it went smoothly and I wouldn't be nervous the next time as long as I went to this same doctor, as he is very good.

The colonoscopy was fine, just one small 5mm polyp in the ascending colon that was removed and sent out for biopsy.

On the endoscopy findings were as follows:
__________________________________________________ ____

Esophagus: The Z-Line was irregular. A few target biopsies were obtained. There was a small hiatal hernia visible in the esophagus.

Stomach: Mild gastritis was found in the antrum. Four biopsies were taken from the antrum and body of the stomach.

Duodenum: The duodenum was normal.

Unplanned Events: There were no unplanned events.
__________________________________________________ _________

The doctor made it sound like none of this was a big deal, but when I google "Z-Line" it makes a reference to possible Barrett's Esophagus, yet other articles say that irregular Z-Line doesn't mean anything in particular.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this (having had the 'irregular z-line diagnosis) or have any further information?
Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

SADnomore
12-04-14, 02:24
Whoa! Umm, do you think you might edit to add a warning to your title, like *contains graphic photos** ?? Just sayin', it might trigger some anxiety for someone who is awaiting this procedure ... I have had both done too (ulcers, family history), and they didn't give me a copy of the report, much less the photos, lol! It was just sent on to my GP who gave me the results. Hope the results are good for you, too, I think it's a good sign that your doctors are not too worried for you :yesyes:
Marie

Agustin Bernal
12-04-14, 08:27
[/QUOTE]
Whoa! Umm, do you think you might edit to add a warning to your title, like *contains graphic photos** ?? Just sayin', it might trigger some anxiety for someone who is awaiting this procedure ... I have had both done too (ulcers, family history), and they didn't give me a copy of the report, much less the photos, lol! It was just sent on to my GP who gave me the results. Hope the results are good for you, too, I think it's a good sign that your doctors are not too worried for you :yesyes:
Marie

Sorry for the shock the photos caused, I put a warning at the top of the post.

Sometimes when doctors act like they're not worried my mind gets to wondering if they're temporarily hiding bad news until they await further tests, or that perhaps they're one of those incompetent doctors that we read about from time to time who are negligent by not treating a serious condition as it should be treated.
I go crazy with worry thinking about all that, then I go onto Google where I see even more scary information, a lot of which contradicts itself from one artivcle to another.