PDA

View Full Version : a better day

weplant
12-04-14, 02:13
I thought I would post something positive today...I am almost 5 weeks on cit, but only 2 weeks at 5mg, then 6mg..I take the liquid because I am so sensitive to meds. I went to the nursery today (I own a plant nursery) and worked 4 hours, I actually did it 3 days in a row..It has been over 1 year since I was able to go there..It wasnt easy, I didn't feel great, but I had the desire and I pushed thru..So I am very pleased..Tomorrow I will increase to 8mg and hope to keep improving..All the support here really helps...Debbie:yesyes:

SADnomore
12-04-14, 02:31
Good work, Debbie! ... And hey, that's such a great idea, the liquid to facilitate very small incremental med adjustments! Great to hear it's working out for you :flowers:
Marie

MyNameIsTerry
12-04-14, 04:25
Thats great Debbie,

Working with nature is bound to help you as well, even if you can only do it in small doses.

Marty_67
12-04-14, 08:08
Way to go, Debbie

It's not easy but I find that keeping busy really helps.

Have a good weekend

Sober2000june
13-04-14, 14:27
Hi Debbie, great to hear you making progress:).

I wish i could pluck up the courage to start mine. Getting lower and more agitated by the day:weep:. also headaches quite a lot of the time.

Just taken 2mg of diaz but thats just slowing me down. cus ive tried 9 meds inthe last 2 n half years i have little faith but this is starting to really hurt also.

very scared and unsure,
:hugs:
Paul

weplant
13-04-14, 18:04
Hi Debbie, great to hear you making progress:).

I wish i could pluck up the courage to start mine. Getting lower and more agitated by the day:weep:. also headaches quite a lot of the time.

Just taken 2mg of diaz but thats just slowing me down. cus ive tried 9 meds inthe last 2 n half years i have little faith but this is starting to really hurt also.

very scared and unsure,
:hugs:
Paul
Paul, I feel your pain..I have suffered for sooooooo many years. I have tried several meds. It is very difficult for me to try meds because I am so sensititive tothem and have a fear of them. But I got to the point I was not leaving my house at all..I have my own business, a plant nursery, we are growers and started it in memory of my 11 year old son, Dustin that was killed..So the nursery was to help me heal, etc. and to not even be able to leave the house to be there was really bad. The more I avoided going out the worse it got. I tried Prozac for 6 weeks and nothing..My doc decided on the cit instead of lexapro, because she said it has a calming effect..But knowing how sensitive I am she started me on liquid. So I started at 1mg and now up to 6mg..I hope to get to 10mg and probobly stay there. I know you read how everyone is on 20mg or more and that is considered the theraputic dose..However, they was a great study proving that 5mg of a ssri had a 60% success rate and 20mg had a 68% success rate, so only 8% difference..So many people only need a low dose, thus getting less side effects..
Talk to your doc a bout the liquid form of cit..I started with .5ml which is 1mg and upped it each week..Still had some side effects, but felt in control with such a low dose..I am also splitting the dose now. So I take 3mg with breakfast and 3mg with lunch. She also has be taking a low dose of lorazapam..
I know it is scary to start, but the support here is great. If you like you can private message me...Debbie