View Full Version : Prozac how long on it

mandshere2000
12-04-14, 03:53
Hi
I have been on Prozac since I was 21 on and off and I'm now 49
have been told by GP that this is not good for my liver, because Prozac
is a antidepressant that goes through the liver, as anyone else heard this
I feel quite worried now:scared15:
Also not had this for a while, used to get it at least 3/4 times a week, and it's
just happened where I wake suddenly and my heart rate is 105 and within 5 minutes it drops to 70 and the anxiety goes....what's that all about?
I have read that it can be sudden bursts of adrenaline but why does this
happen on waking
Manda

Cheesemonster13
12-04-14, 13:49
I've gone back on to Prozac after struggling for a few years without it. Before that I took it for years and had a much better quality of life. However, I hated the thought that I had to take medication (control issues), and I thought I must be "cured", so I stopped taking it with the help of my doctor.

Now I'm back on a low dose of Prozac, because I went downhill over time. In return for taking meds, I've made a bargain with myself not to drink alcohol (it makes me sick with the Prozac anyway). Even if the Prozac does affect the liver (and none of the many doctors I have seen have ever told me this), I figure my poor old liver is better at coping with a minimal amount of medication, than the copious amounts of booze that I used to throw at it. :D

Perhaps you might want to go back to your doctor to tell them you are worried about the long-term effects of Prozac on your liver, and ask for some more information.