PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sick on Fluoxetine? Help me please I feel terrible :(

Jsp
12-04-14, 05:59
Hi everyone, I feel like absolute death.

I'm on my third day of taking Fluoxetine, had the odd symptoms but nothing bad, but earlier tonight I felt more anxious than I ever have in my life! I literally felt like I was going mad, on top of endless palpitations and chest pains. Then, my belly was rumbling really loud (note this is at like 3am - I couldn't sleep) so I went to get a packet of crisps with hopes it would make me feel better. Upon putting a crisp in my mouth, I felt like I was about to be sick. I've been feeling sick for about two hours now, it's now 6am and I haven't slept. I've been sitting infront of the toilet for about half hour, but I haven't been gagging or anything to be able to be sick. I took some bicarbonate of soda in a little water as this can help induce sickness, but this didn't work either.

I feel so tired and exhausted but I still feel like I want to be sick :( I don't know what to do.

sjane
12-04-14, 10:54
Aw bless you, I know what its like, thankfully the sickness passes pretty quick, after my increase in fluoxetine I felt the same. Its day 16 now and its pretty much gone. Still have a smaller appetite but I probably could do with losing a few pounds lol.

Unfortunately fluoxetine isn't that kind to the digestive system, tummy rumbling, bad wind all part of the side effects. Almost induces IBS I'm sure.

If it continues to be unbearable than have a chat to your GP for advise. May recommend something to help or change the med.

Take care x

Jsp
12-04-14, 22:23
Aw bless you, I know what its like, thankfully the sickness passes pretty quick, after my increase in fluoxetine I felt the same. Its day 16 now and its pretty much gone. Still have a smaller appetite but I probably could do with losing a few pounds lol.

Unfortunately fluoxetine isn't that kind to the digestive system, tummy rumbling, bad wind all part of the side effects. Almost induces IBS I'm sure.

If it continues to be unbearable than have a chat to your GP for advise. May recommend something to help or change the med.

Take care x

Thanks for your reply.

I haven't took my pill today and I don't plan on going back on them, but I STILL feel awfully sick. Like SO sick. I can't be sick though - nothing happens when I try, even though I constantly feel like it. My belly keeps rumbling too and I'm burping loads still.

I had a little bit of curry at about 5pm, and have seemed to have kept that down. I don't know what to do to make this sickness go? :(

theablac
13-04-14, 18:50
HI JSP. I have been taking fluoxetine for 10 weeks now this time they do make you feel awful with the side effects and there are a few but if you do stick with them they really do help , they can take a good few weeks before they are working properly but when they start to work they are one of the best of this type of medication , I felt terrible for about 7 weeks before they started to work this time but the first time it didn't take as long , many times I thought of giving up but with the support from people on this site I got through and I am glad I did as I now feel a lot better and from my experience last time I know when the side effects have gone they really do there job , if you need to speak to your doctor they may prescribe you some beta blockers to help with the side effects and to help you through the worst , I hope this is a help but read this site there are many good people who have been through what your going through and are only too willing to help .

Shar04
28-04-14, 21:01
Hi all firstly can i say how thankful i am for this site if i hadn't read everyones experiences i think i would have stopped taking fluoxetine the side effects are awful like you im feeling so sick and some days i just feel disconnected from everything like my head doesn't belong to me im heading in to week four and praying things will improve but would like to say thank you to everyone who has posted on here its been my lifeline Sharon xxx

TweetyBird2
29-04-14, 05:02
I agree Sharon, it's so comforting to know we're all going through these start-up side effects!
I know I was miserable and scared until I found this forum too. It's given me the strength and courage to hang in there and give this stuff a chance to work.
I do see rays of sunlight coming through, so it does get better with each passing day. I think someone on here wrote it's two steps forward, one step back for a while, but that that's normal. Just knowing that, and hearing others say it, is such a relief and inspiration! Welcome aboard, as one "newbie" to another!

Fluoxetine 20mgs week 9

MrsCav
29-04-14, 16:44
Keep going, it will get better. I know this is a truly horrible time for you, the side effects are just debilitating, but it does get better. I'm 5 months in and having a ball. Never laughed so much, never cared less about 'things' so much and never appreciated life so much as I do now.

theablac
30-04-14, 20:18
Hi ALL , We have all felt like you do but as MRS CAV. says it does get better then you will see the good times , its not easy but it is worth it , the side effects are terrible and make you feel worse than before you started but this is the start of them working getting the chemicals in your brain in the right order , when you get the medication from the doctor they just tell you to take the tablets and that they take time to work but talking to the people on this site assure you that you are not alone and the side effect you have someone on here will have been through the same , We all like to help each other because we know how bad you can feel in the first few weeks , KEEP GOING , YOU WILL GET THERE BUT TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME AND IF YOU HAVE A BAD DAY JUST THINK TOMRROW IS ANOTHER DAY AND SOON IT WILL GET BETTER ,xx

Zelpot
29-10-16, 08:40
Well it's day three for me. I was just sick. The nausea hasn't left me and I am wondering if it's all worth it! I basically haven't left my bed. Thank goodness my man is taking good care of me. Role reversal. Only good thing to come of feeling this way! Nightmare from hell!!!

clare_201086
14-11-16, 14:18
Hi all I'm now on fluxotine 40mgs a day, I also feel terrible very tired and so anxious never been in here for s while,

Bike Rider
14-11-16, 14:39
It could be early days Clare. Floux takes weeks to get going, so hang on in there, give them time to do there job.

I am sure you will be fine.