PDA

View Full Version : Anyone understand blood test results?

Earthmum
12-04-14, 08:12
Wondered if any of you kind folk could help me out here, I was put on iron tabs for a month then I went bk to docs to have tests to see where my iron levels were at , he sent me to get tests done and I got my results in the afternoon but I can't see my doc till Monday now it's saying my Serum FE is normal which looks like iron is ok, and my HGB and Mean platelets are low, so does this mean I am non iron aneamic if so what could cause this all I can see is leaukemia, other blood disorders etc, I'm really worried! But at the same time all other bloods are normal if it was cancer would my RBC and WBC be normal?

swgrl09
12-04-14, 14:44
I don't know for sure but I would think your WBC would be off the charts one way or the other with something like leukemia ... not a doctor though. But if those two are normal I wouldn't be concerned. Also are they really low or just lower end of normal/just outside of normal? because blood levels fluctuate a lot and that is also normal.

Mrschurchill
12-04-14, 15:05
For majority of leukaemia's, your WBC will be a lot LOT higher than normal. I freaked when I was pregnant as mine was just about the average (turns out I had thrush which caused it to spike). I google high WBC and was so terrified I had Lymphoma or leukaemia.
Only if levels are abnormally out of range is it usually anything to worry about xx

Earthmum
12-04-14, 18:54
Thanks guys! My hgb and MP levels are showing a slight lower reading than normal , I will see my doc Monday see what he says, thank you again both ;))))

Frankie11
26-11-14, 18:39
HB, platelets and neutraphils would go down with leukaemia and wcc would go up