PDA

View Full Version : Tired now of this , ringing ears now

rebeccad
12-04-14, 09:45
Hi all me again I'm very sorry to say , I keep having relapses ! 2 nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night to a real loud ringing in my right ear , I sometimes suffer with mild Tinitus but this was so loud it woke me up , it's gone now and didn't happen last night but I can't get it out of my head , should I go docs I'm worried it's a tumour :(
Xx

cpe1978
12-04-14, 10:19
Hey Rebecca

I think you probably know the most likely answer. I have tinnitus and similarly went through a phase of questioning whether it was a BT. In reality it virtually never is related to that and the fact that it went away makes it seem even more unlikely. I often get short periods of louder tinnitus for no apparent reason and assume it is ear wax or something I am doing.

Why don't you leave it a few days, if it happens again go to the doc, but know that a) he will most likely tell you it is nothing to worry about and. b) he is probably right!

mummyanxious
12-04-14, 12:18
I have tinnitus all the time and my chiropractor said it can be to do with the neck muscles.

Serenity1990
12-04-14, 12:54
I've had tinnitus my entire life, it' something you get used to and I only really notice when listening for it or whilst hyper aware of my body due to anxiety.

My grandad also had it his entire life, he lived to 93. In fact a surprising number of people have it but never seek medical attention; I only realised it wasn't a normal thing everyone got when I was sixteen!

rebeccad
12-04-14, 17:47
Thanks everyone , the thing that bothers me is that the noise woke me up , I could hear it in my sleep and it really scared me . I've spent the last 2 days in terror even though it's gone now x