PDA

View Full Version : Is this to be expected?

dandylion
02-12-06, 19:28
Hi there, I just wanted to ask a question about anxiety, my anxiety has been back for the past couple of weeks and I'm gradually reminding myself how to deal with it and getting on with things normally as much as possible. I do however feel like I'm finding it really hard to "give" as much of myself as normal. For example I have a little boy who I adore, he is a real mummys boy and we are very close. I have loved having him and spending time with him but I'm finding it hard to be a good mum whilst dealing with my anxiety, I just feel so drained and I also feel guilty that I am not functioning as well as I normally do- he seems his normal happy self and I am trying to put on a brave face for him but it is a struggle. I just wondered is this just a part of dealing with the anxiety, how do others with children cope- I really don't want my anxiety to affect him and I'm lucky in that when I'm anxious I tend to make more of an effort to go out and about with him. Thanks for listening x

Dreamer029
03-12-06, 04:09
hi there.
i too feel guilty because i cant focus on much else. its hard because you want to give everybody your best you...which is hard when having a lot of anxiety. hang in there.

lauren

matt1981
03-12-06, 13:11
I dont have children (yet) but I do find it hard to get involved with my family who I see at weekends. On Friday they were putting the Christmas tree up and the lights etc I found it realy hard so yeah its perfectly normal don't feel guilty about it because you are trying your best :)

Lynnann
03-12-06, 15:38
Hi There,

It is always difficult to juggle family resposibilities, whether it be with work commitments or anxiety. The fact that you are worrying about your son shows what a good mum you are. Your son is happy, children adjust to new situations much easier than adults, so try not to worry so much

Take care of yourself

Hugs to you

Lynnann