PDA

View Full Version : Really struggling

flatterycat
12-04-14, 10:31
Hello

I'm struggling right now. Have been worried about having a brain tumour after a funny turn and since then I have just not felt right.

Over the last couple of weeks I have had quite a few migraine auras (I don't get the headache) and, although I have had these for years I haven't had them as often as recently.

Then this week I feel really off and I'm scared. I can't really explain it but I will try. Throughout the day I feel like I am just staring off into space as if my eyes could just stare at the same thing. I am aware of everything that is going on around me but feel almost spaced out.

I keep forgetting things all the time - words, why I have walked into a room and things like that. I feel like I have to think hard about what I am going to say and just don't feel with it.

The thing is that I have had anxiety problems throughout my life but I don't remember having this spaced out sensation. I also have this awful sensation in my lower stomach - bit like churning, but worse - almost like a constant tickly/rollercoaster feeling.

I'm scared that I have something awful wrong in my brain. I have seen my doc about the migraines and he checked my eyes and bp and isn't concerned. But I didn't have the spaced out feelings then.

Can anyone relate to any of this. I would be so grateful if anyone understands what this is like.

Sarah

mummyanxious
12-04-14, 12:17
Spaced out sounds like the depersonalisation people describe which can be part of anxiety and panic attacks. Someone else may be better placed to advise.

I've also been getting a lot more migraine auras lately. Two in two weeks. I hadn't had one in over a year prior to that.

The churny thing definitely sounds like anxiety.

Tinker28
12-04-14, 12:44
I forget things all the time and also feel spaced out a lot. I get mindgrains every single day with the aura no headache check out symptoms of mindgrains on the internet it will explain a lot about them. I've had them since I was 8 years old and I'm not 33 years old. I get the aura part a lot sometimes 5 times a day. I've also had a CT scan not for my mindgrains though and an MRI on my brain again not for my mindgrains something else both here normal. You really worried about it go see your doctor he/she. Oh my Scans were for brain tumours and didn't find anyone thing wrong with my brain. Maybe go see if you can get a scan done it will put your mind at ease 100%

I'm not sure if this has help you any, but I've been there to.

flatterycat
12-04-14, 12:54
Thanks for your replies

Mummy - I used to go years between migraines, then months and then I had 3 in the space of a week. My doc said probably stress!!!!!!
My Mum also gets them in the same way as me.

I just hate the way I feel right now with the spaced out feeling.

Tinker - I had a brain MRI for something related to my ears, but that was 2 years ago! My doc won't refer me for a scan unless he feels I need one!

Sarah x

Tinker28
12-04-14, 13:01
Oh ok, it's probably all anxiety related, Hun! I wouldn't focus on it cause then it magnifies it 100 full! Know all about that one. Distract, rest, and enjoy your life, I know all three are very hard to do. Been there done that, just need the t-shirt! Lol! I hope you have a wonderful day! It's morning here. :hugs:

flatterycat
12-04-14, 13:09
Tinker - it's midday here. Just out to play with my little girl. I think I am concerned cause the MRI was so long ago and anything could have happened since then!

Hope you have a good day too x

flatterycat
13-04-14, 08:35
Can anyone else relate to this feeling of being spaced out? It's really frightening me cause it feels different to my normal feelings of anxiety. I was with two friends yesterday and as they were talking felt out of it. I just feel like it's hard to come out of myself and focus on what's going on around me. Also the eye thing where I just feel like I'm staring into space.

illcoolz
13-04-14, 09:19
That feeling of being spaced out arises after going through anxiety and stress for long periods. I've felt it many times, and I know how scary and annoying it can be. But I've learned to accept and not focus on it as much, because it will always subside. Nothing bad will come out of being spaced out, so don't let it get to you. This is just a phase, and the sooner you start to accept the anxiety and all the symptoms that come with it, the faster these feelings, especially the spacing out, will start to go.

I still go through it sometimes, but it just doesn't scare me anymore, because what's the point?

You will be fine, and this is just a phase.

flatterycat
13-04-14, 09:44
Thanks illcoolz

When you get it do you feel like you could just stare at one spot and go into your own world? My little girl was talking to me earlier and the radio was on and I felt so irritable.

I have had a stressful period at work lately. I'm a teacher and we have been through a lot of change there. I remember towards the end of term just feeling absolutely knackered! But then so was everyone else.

Sarah x

illcoolz
13-04-14, 10:07
Yeah, that's kind of almost how I feel if I'm staring into something in particular. But then I start looking at what's around me and get out of that "zone", it you know what I mean. It normal to feel irritable, but you need to try as much as possible to relax. Learn some breathing techniques, they help. I recently started doing something called "DDP Yoga", and it's excellent. Look it up, and see if you wanna give it a shot. It does help a lot.

But like a said, I believe this is all a phase and it's a test. We learn from these things, and we become stronger because of them.

Fall down 7 times, stand up 8, right?

This is my second bout of anxiety. The last one was two years ago, and I got through with it, and the plan is to get through with this one as well and move on.