PDA

View Full Version : heart...really panicking

LF87
12-04-14, 12:32
Hi,

I've been doing quite well lately but I'm in the midst of a really bad panic at the moment, Hopi h for some advice.
About half an hour ago I started getting a mild pain in my left breast. It's every 15 seconds or so. I'm really panicking thinking it could be my heart. Is this a dangerous area to have pain? I read somewhere that heart pain is only felt in the centre of the chest, does anyone know if that's true? Sorry, really panicked :( I also keep getting twinges in my left arm,but don't know if I'm imagining that because I always seem to get that when I have a heart panic.
Any help would be hugely appreciated x

BessieMae*candothis!
12-04-14, 21:30
I am the same way, I am hyper aware of my body and its little kinks and suttle things. I can tell you that the pain you are feeling is not your heart, but your pectoral muscle aching. Or at least that is what I get, I am always carrying my anxiety in my upper body/shoulders and half the time I don't realize how tense my chest is until it begins to ache. Try to relax and do deep breathing. Notice how the minutes tick by and you are still breathing and trying to relax. focusing on something else like a word search or coming on here and reading some posts helps me. I am having anxiety today too. :) you aren't alone.

LF87
12-04-14, 22:10
Thankyou bessieMae. It's horrible when it starts. I get so worried and upset. Your reply means a lot :) x

bulan
13-04-14, 05:08
Hi LF87,

Last week I was in the emergency room with similar symptoms. What helped me was that they tested my blood for a certain chemical (I forget the name) that the heart releases when it's been in distress (e.g. a heart attack). They did not find this chemical in my blood, and everything else they tested for turned out okay.

So that experience helped calm me down when I've had the same pain again. It's unpleasant, but I can at least be assured that it's likely not a heart attack.

Perhaps getting yourself tested would also put your fears to rest?

All the best! :)