PDA

View Full Version : Hodgkin's lymphoma.. so scared please help?

kayleighb22
12-04-14, 15:16
I know that no one can diagnose me on here but I'm just looking for some opinions or reassurance. About a month ago I noticed I had a small, painless, pea sized lump on my the right side of my neck, towards the back. I got the doctor to feel it and she said it might be caused by the spot on my neck and just to keep an eye on it but it felt quite normal. I've also noticed one of a similar size at the other side. I've been sweating a lot at night, feel tired a lot and have lost my appetite. I've been very worried and stressed a lot lately though. I'm so worried that this could be Hodgkin's. I'm 25.. what do you think?

Fishmanpa
12-04-14, 15:29
I know that no one can diagnose me on here but I'm just looking for some opinions or reassurance. About a month ago I noticed I had a small, painless, pea sized lump on my the right side of my neck, towards the back. I got the doctor to feel it and she said it might be caused by the spot on my neck and just to keep an eye on it but it felt quite normal. I've also noticed one of a similar size at the other side. I've been sweating a lot at night, feel tired a lot and have lost my appetite. I've been very worried and stressed a lot lately though. I'm so worried that this could be Hodgkin's. I'm 25.. what do you think?

This is your post from one month ago....

"I'm really freaking out right now, I think that I have hodgkin's lymphoma.
I have just found a large pea sized lump on the right side of my neck, its really obvious compared to the other nodes, and is moveable.
The past few months I have lost my appetite and lost about a stone in weight, and I often get night sweats and wake up drenched in sweat where as my bf is fine. I'm going to the doctor's on tuesday but does this sound like lymphoma? I'm 25. i'm crying right now!"

And one from a week or later....

"I'm so worried that I have hodgkin's lymphoma.
I have lost nearly a stone in weight since December. I had a sickness bug but since then have not got my appetite back fully and I keep losing weight,
I sweat a lot on a night and sometimes wake up covered in sweat whereas my boyfriend is fine. I have found a small pea sized lump on my neck (I got my doctor to feel it, who didn't seem to care) When I drink wine with a meal, I get horrible stinging pain in my jaw (I have read this is a sign of lymphoma)
I am 25. Does this sound like hodgkins? I'm so scared it is and I will have to have chemo and won't be able to have kids"

I'm not a doctor but I think this is anxiety (you are posting on an anxiety forum after all). Based on the fact that a medical professional didn't feel this was concerning and you haven't gotten progressively worse would indicate nothing sinister. What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts