PDA

View Full Version : Traumatic Events

Jayuk
12-04-14, 15:37
Been thinking about posting for a while to see peoples thoughts.

I am back in an anxiety state after a couple of years of being ok.

I stopped taking my fluoxetine in August after feeling ok for a while and thought I could manage. Well a few days after that we ended up in Hospital with my little girl and spent her first birthday in there.

We were in for over a month, living at the hospital and then eventually got released and had to go back for scans to try and see what was going on.

Thankfully November we got the best news I have ever received. My little girl is ok.

Then December comes. I have a few work nights out then one morning wake up feeling a bit weird. Sick and shaky and get myself into work where at one point I am stood up, leaning on a table as I feel sick, dizzy and weak. I don't know what it was but I have a feeling it was a panic attack.

From then on I started worrying again, no idea about what really. Then I was hit by tiredness. I felt tired when I woke and through the day.

So here I am today, back in it. I keep worrying about things again and am back on fluoxetine hoping to get to the end of this again!

Can anyone relate to the above? Does it sound like I was hit with stress and a return of my anxiety after such a stressful few months?

Thanks all, it helps to write these things down sometimes!

flatterycat
12-04-14, 17:30
Hello

I wanted to say that I would imagine that that is exactly why you are feeling this way. My little girl was poorly a while back and had to have tests and an op and I was fine through it, then I started a new job. After 5 months I was hit by the anxiety again. I think a lot of my anxious periods have followed stressful times (been fine during).

Once you have had time to process it all and go through this bout you will be fine again x

Sarah

Jayuk
12-04-14, 17:57
Thanks Sarah.

I know what you mean, I was ok through it all even thought it was so upsetting I had to hold it together for us. I think I exhausted myself!

SarahH
12-04-14, 19:14
Yes very common for us to be strong during times of crisis then crack a bit after when the perceived danger has passed... take care

Sarah

Jayuk
12-04-14, 20:38
Thanks you Sarah :)

Even though I have been through this before, every time it comes back differently. I guess if it came back in the same guise I wouldn't have any time for it and it would just float over me so it has to change its spots!