PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought I was better

illcoolz
13-04-14, 06:31
Hi guys,

Getting straight to the point, I'm a hypochondriac. I worry a lot about my health, and whenever I feel something strange going on with my body, I'm always thinking the worst. The last two weeks though, my health anxiety and my anxiety in general has gotten better. I'm more calm, and I go out and about not worrying as much. But last week, I've been getting these mild headaches on and off. It didn't bother me that much, because it wasn't always there. I thought it's probably from some stress at work. I've been assigned a project for the first time, and I'm excited/nervous/worried, because I don't want to mess this up. Anyways, yesterday I woke up to that mild headache, and it was there all day. It didn't go, or at least I think it didn't. I had a really long sleep the night before, and I woke up to the room being very cold, and my body aching all over. I'm not sure if that's the reason why I have this headache. It still here today, but still quite mild.

The problem is, this worried me a lot yesterday! And now today at work, I feel really down and disappointed. Last week went so well, and no this week I'm back in this pit again? I'm really thinking this headache is something really bad, and I'm obsessing over it. Even though deep down I know it's not, because I obsessed over a lot of things thinking they're the worst, but they always just went away. This really sucks.

What do you guys think?

flatterycat
13-04-14, 09:58
You just replied to me and I just wanted to say that your headache is bound to be the stress of the new project. The pressure of wanting to prove yourself will be the cause. But I know how frustrating it is when you have been doing so well only to find yourself struggling again. X