PDA

View Full Version : is anyone elses ah consuming there every waking tnought

trish1955
13-04-14, 10:50
Its like my mind is constantly consumed with all the what iffs am I ill am dying today which pops in my mind most days I try to think of something I would like to and can't think of anything at all I am 58 had six children all grown up with children of there own so I do have a lot of time on my hands but can not find any thing of interest but maybe that's do to my mind only having time for one thing and that's ah and nothing else its pretty much robbed me of a life as been this way since I was 12 why I was bringing up my children even though I had panic and agoraphobia I coped well being a mum I think it was like I had a purpose now I feel nothingness and a lot of it take care x

fruity
13-04-14, 11:41
i,ve felt like that for 6yrs maybe longer. i can,t snap out of it

roxy90
13-04-14, 11:49
Me too :(
Oh Fruity, I remember when we were going to start doing something a day to distract us from our worries and beat the thing. What happened to us!x

RoseEve
13-04-14, 14:09
I used to feel like that. Now I still get the thoughts but they usually pass quickly. I was like that for 2 years.

OffTheWall
13-04-14, 15:07
Yes, I have had it for about 5 years now. I go though short phases now and again (a couple of days or weeks tops) where the anxiety pretty much disappears:yesyes:, and then it comes back with a vengeance and consumes my every thought :scared15:. I am now almost convinced that something like a tumour is in my brain because I have been so forgetful lately.
My anxiety has been so bad at times that I haven't been able to hardly move of my sofa for days because I think moving will kill me. Seems silly looking back at it now, but it seemed real at the time for me.

eevee
13-04-14, 17:34
I'm like this too, though in my head is not 'what if I die today' more like 'oh God I'm going to be diagnosed with a sinister disease soon and everyone who's been saying it's just my anxiety talking would finally shut up, I'm going to die'. I hate feeling like this :(

Jonesle
13-04-14, 17:45
I'm like you evee , I'm constantly worried something terribly is happening within and il have to endure lots of treatments and be anxious the whole time, terrified of being told "there's nothing we can do for you" I'd hate that, how do you get over something like that. It grips me with fear every day :(

trish1955
13-04-14, 18:48
Omg reading these I feel every ones pain jonesie I think that how do you come to terms with the fear of being told y going to die you can not expose herself to it lie other fears I to off the wall have sat there in total fear if I do somthnf I mite die I think fear of having a deadly illness or death is the wzrst fear how do you over come this fear I have been trying for over forty years the fear as stopped me living to be honest take care xx

Phuzella
13-04-14, 20:33
The fear stops you living so get off your bum and do something, anything. Don't let anxiety hijack another minute. Just get up and do it, it's the only way.
Time goes quick, before you know it another year will have passed, another year that you didn't die in.
If I sound harsh, believe me I'm not as harsh as the realisation will be when you're too old to do anything.
Just my 2 pennyworth :)

Emma2711
13-04-14, 21:35
I feel exactly the same at the moment. I think I'm going to ask my dr for something to help with my anxiety and for a referral for some cbt to see if that helps. I'm desperate at the moment worst feeling ever x

trish1955
14-04-14, 07:06
I ave tries many things so I have been off my bum many times CBT hypnossis acupuncture timeline therapy EFT phycolgist phycitrist counciloring many herbal things to I even tried citrolpram area months ago ended up in a&e for the first time in the fifty yrs of suffering so any one got ant suggestions ad to wat I try next I am on wait I g lust to try more CBT my appoint is fourth July yep but feel I need help now x