PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like anxiety?

cake
13-04-14, 11:27
<P>Hi everyone,</P><P>&nbsp;</P><P>Please forgive my ignorance around this topic but the condition is quite new to me and I wanted to get some advice on my situation.</P><P>&nbsp;</P><P>For about six months now, I have been experencing a fluttery feeling around my heart area, racing feelings, numbness and pins and needles too. I am breathless and cant seem to take a full deep breath too. I become very light headed and feel like I'm going to faint. This used to be an occasional thing but now its daily, sometimes 2-3 times a day. I find that I feel worst when I have a hangover and I have now been caffeine free for a week and see some improvement. </P><P>&nbsp;</P><P>Now, I believe I did have a panic attack last year after having these feelings (went to hospital, given valium - thought I was dieing) but I've never had one since, just this weird feelings. Doctor said at the time it was anxiety. </P><P>&nbsp;</P><P>Sounds like anxiety? The only thing is that I cant identify anything that would make me anxious! I'm a very happy, sociable and outgoing person, a loving husband and wonderful daughter. No real money worries and I enjoy my job. I haven't ever lost anyone really close to me or had an abusive past or anything. Everything is fine! I do have a phobia pf flying but that's not something I have to deal with much.</P><P>&nbsp;</P><P>Anyway, I'm writing for some advice. Is this anxiety? How can I manage it? I'm going to the doctor this week as I would like some investigation to make sure its not a medical issue. Anything I should ask them about or for help with?</P><P>&nbsp;</P><P>Thanks</P>

shootingstars
13-04-14, 14:59
Yeah it does! Sometimes we're simply more overwhelmed than we care think or our thoughts get distorted, have you tried seeing a therapist or psychologist?